P500 Battery charger, jump starter

Redrocket

Redrocket

Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2017
Lake City FL
Ownership

1. 500
I bought a jump start called blue fuel from Napa around 80 bucks I've used it on truck and tractor works great it also has a flashlight and phone charger.

sam3006

sam3006

Dec 28, 2014
Damascus, AR
Ownership

1. 500
I bought a NOCO Genius Boost GB40 last year and keep it in whatever I'm in at the time: truck, Honda 500 or boat. This summer on a fishing trip to Minnesota the cranking battery my Stratos bass boat got to where it wouldn't turn the 200hp Evinrude over. I dug out the GB40 and jumped it with no problem. We ran a while to charge the battery and then went back to fishing. After we fished a while the motor wouldn't crank and I ended up jumping the 200 six times that day, the last time it was close so we called it a day and got a new cranking battery before launching the next morning. The 200 Evinrude starts quick, as long as it's got a very hot battery and I was impressed with the GB40's ability to crank this motor so many times. It's also really handy or UBS power, for cell phones and laptops, when at deer camp.

Reactions: trigger
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Had to use the NOCO overide button to start completely dead truck battery. Would not crank at first, instructions noted overide is needed if battery is below 2 volts. Did the overide and it worked.

Reactions: trigger
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Problem with NOCO gb40, 7 months old, sequencing lights, no jump, no overide, same on a good battery when hooked up. 100% charge. Anyone else have this problem? Guessing to call NOCO Monday.

M

Mr_spkr

Aug 2, 2017
Phx, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not having any problems. Good luck with warranty. Let us know how it turns out.

rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
Been looking at getting a portable jump starter - sorry for resurrecting an old thread. @Mudder do you have any feedback on your NOCO or does anyone else that bought one? Thanks ahead of time

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Been looking at getting a portable jump starter - sorry for resurrecting an old thread. @Mudder do you have any feedback on your NOCO or does anyone else that bought one? Thanks ahead of time
I bought a GB40 for myself and have had the opportunity to use it a few times. It has worked great. Bought a few GB20’s for Christmas presents for family since. One of them has been used successfully (Aunts diesel tractor and a Popo ATV too).

Noco always puts them on sale during Amazon prime days and around Black Friday/cyber Monday. I’d definitely recommend grabbing one when the next sale hits (GB40 usually gets a bigger % discount…I think mine was 50%…where as the GB20’s are more like a 25% discount IIRC)

SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
I have had the GB40 for about two years now. I have never had to use it. Like they say, "better to have it, and not need it, than to need it and not have it". I have noticed that after 3 or 4 months under the back seat of the truck, it still shows at least 75% charged. Charges up pretty quick too. I bought mine direct from Noco. If you sign up on their website they will notify you of sales from time to time.

Last edited:
rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
I bought a GB40 for myself and have had the opportunity to use it a few times. It has worked great. Bought a few GB20’s for Christmas presents for family since. One of them has been used successfully (Aunts diesel tractor and a Popo ATV too).

Noco always puts them on sale during Amazon prime days and around Black Friday/cyber Monday. I’d definitely recommend grabbing one when the next sale hits (GB40 usually gets a bigger % discount…I think mine was 50%…where as the GB20’s are more like a 25% discount IIRC)
I have had the GB40 for about two years now. I have never had to use it. Like they say, "better to have it, and not need it, than to need it and not have it". I have noticed that after 3 or 4 months under the back seat of the truck, it still shows at least 75% charged. Charges up pretty quick too. I bought mine direct from Noco. If you sign up on their weblsite they will notify you of sales from time to time.

Thanks guys - I'm going to keep an eye on the sales and sign up on their website. Appreciate it!

Seadonist

Seadonist

Feb 8, 2021
New Orleans
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Do your research. I researched rigorously before buying and went with the Anti Gravity brand of jumpers. I got the XP-1 and have used it multiple times in various applications and it has done the job exceptionally well. It has held its charge for many months, over a year if I remember correctly.

I bought it for my last truck (F150) but now that I have a diesel it stays in the SxS. If for some reason I lost it or it got stolen, I would buy another one in a heartbeat. The only thing I would caution you on is to stay away from purchasing on Amazon as there have been instances of knock offs being sold as Anti Gravity brand and having failures. If you purchase, get it straight from the manufacturer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
I’ve used the GB40 on my deep cycle, trucks, atv, kubota, motorcycle (yesterday) batteries and would get another if ever needed. Have their pigtails on most vehicles for easy plug in.

hallic

hallic

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2019
Central MN
Ownership

1. 500
I got a Rezervo RZ-300 mini a couple years back, used it a few times. Works great, uses supercapacitors so no battery to worry about dieing while leaving it in the truck in MN winters. Hook it up to even a nearly-dead battery in the car, takes a minute or less to charge, then gives you a couple seconds of cranking power. If it's super cold out, and your engine is half-froze, it isn't enough by itself to start the car, but it'll give an extra boost. If you leave your headlights on overnight, or have an already weak/low battery and it's just kinda cold out, then it'll work fine by itself.

I also like that it uses I think XT60 connector ends on the unit itself, so cables are detachable. XT60 is very common in the drone crowd, so my buddy gave me a handfull, and made a heavier-duty cable for it.
Was around $100-$120 if I remember right.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!