P1000 Steering Is Weird

D

dfrasier88

Oct 18, 2023
Granville, NY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello All,

I just bought a used Pioneer about a month ago and have noticed since driving it more than the steering gets sort of squirly right around 30mph and feels like the whole machine wants to turn, as well as the rear end feels like it wants to fish tail and it slowly drifts left and then right. There’s no rhyme or reason for it. Could it just be the tires or is something else at plays?

Any answers or suggestions? Thank you as always!

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Another thing to check if your rear end feels like its drifting is the condition of your rear hub bushings. Jack it up and see if your rear wheels wobble when you grab them.

Reactions: TxDoc and Smitty335
D

dfrasier88

Oct 18, 2023
Granville, NY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Could be under / over inflated tires or front end out of alignment.
I’m thinking it’s both. I just found out I got 2 slices in my driver side back tire. But the steering wasn’t GREAT before that either. I know these slices are new because it’s losing air like crazy.

Thank you and everyone else for some answers.

Reactions: TxDoc and Smitty335
P

packer58

Jun 17, 2021
N. Cali
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm no expert but, if you bought it used I would just systematically go through the steering components. Jack up the front and take a look for loose / wore out parts. Have someone work the steering wheel and watch the components. Then as suggested by @P1K5Dave repeat the process on the rear. One thing at a time and you'll get it dialed in. Sounds like you've found some of your problem with that almost flat tire ..........

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!