P1000 SuperATV power steering

O

ob1jeeper

Dec 20, 2019
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I took it out with only removing the battery and the rubber around the steering wheel. Tore my arms all to s***. Had to get my wife to help me install the new eps unit. It's fixed for now lol.
I FULLY understand the bit about getting your arms to look like they've been run through a hamburger grinder... LOL...

O

ob1jeeper

Dec 20, 2019
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
An update...
The SATV EPS system still works GREAT.

AND: I don't have to have it on a trickle charger any longer. I have NOT used a trickle charger since I did the new steering going on a full month now, and the battery is no longer draining down at all ! :);)

Appears that the OEM Honda EPS system was not only defective/inoperative, but also somehow causing the draining the battery, :confused: Even when the key was removed from the ignition previously, it would drain the battery to the point it would not start the next morning.

O

ob1jeeper

Dec 20, 2019
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Another update on the SATV EPS. Family health issues had intervened, so the P-1000 had sat un-touched since the X-mas holiday's. This morning, I noted that I had forgotten to put it on a tender to keep the battery up. Oops... :(

Inspite of my fo-pax... Today, it started like it had only sat for a few days, and the EPS is still functioning perfectly.

Glad to finally have the original steering system's intermittent problems, and resulting battery drain issues WAY behind me. ;)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!