Steering lock up in reverse

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
Had something very unusual happen this evening. I went down to the creek tonight to check on my fence. I actually drove down the bank and had to sort of turn to get between the culverts and the fence. So There's no place to turn around so I tried backing up but couldn't in 2 wheel put it in 4 wheel but still couldn't back up the bank.Put it in 4 wheel lock and backed up the bank and turned sharp to the left [full turn] and thats when it happened. I couldn't turn the wheel to straighten out,I had to drive ahead just a bit to beable to turn the steering wheel. I thought thats weird,so once I was on the road I left it in 4 wheel lock and backed up turning the steering wheel to the full lock position ,again I couldn't turn the steering wheel unless I went ahead just a bit. Now because It did this to the left I also tried doing it in reverse but to the right. Of course it did the same thing. I also tried it it only 4 wheel drive but there was no problem.So looks like the Pioneer in 4 wheel drive lock will lock up the steering in reverse if you have your wheels cranked sharp one way. Anyone else have this happen to them.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Hey. Ya I have noticed this as well. Not sure why it does it but I do think it is normal for the Pioneer.
I think it is because there is pressure on the wheel and it will not let it turn.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!