P500 Strong made basket warped

J

JTW

So I was looking at my strong made basket and noticed it doesn't sit flat on the concrete floor.. Looks as though it warped when it was welded. It's probably an inch or so warped in the middle. I don't have my pioneer yet so I don't know if it will be a problem. Anyway, I flipped it upside down and jumped on it a few times with no luck. I don't think it will straighten out... So any of you all have the same issue or those with a strong made basket do you think it will be a problem? Most of you know in waiting on the 2017 and have a trip planned soon, so I'm trying to not wait until the last minute to address issues.

J

JTW

Here's a pic.. It's all in the middle

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
So I was looking at my strong made basket and noticed it doesn't sit flat on the concrete floor.. Looks as though it warped when it was welded. It's probably an inch or so warped in the middle. I don't have my pioneer yet so I don't know if it will be a problem. Anyway, I flipped it upside down and jumped on it a few times with no luck. I don't think it will straighten out... So any of you all have the same issue or those with a strong made basket do you think it will be a problem? Most of you know in waiting on the 2017 and have a trip planned soon, so I'm trying to not wait until the last minute to address issues.

Haha....
So your both
WARPED
HAHAHAHA

Reactions: JTW and Jshell3
J

JTW

You would think Strong Made would use welding jigs to avoid warping. I'd send them some pics and see what kind of bs line they have.
Yeah.. It's on my to do list. Wish I had a pioneer to try it on and see if it were going to be an issue.

J

JTW

Just a quick update.. it cinched down fine.. there's a 1/4 inch gap on the back side due to the swag but it's not noticible and is rock solid.

Reactions: trigger and Jshell3
stlhobo

stlhobo

Feb 7, 2017
Wentzville, MO
Ownership

1. 500
Just got my Strongmade basket for the P5 today. Where did you place the clips? Any pics available? Feel like an idiot. Can't get it cinched down tight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J

JTW

Just got my Strongmade basket for the P5 today. Where did you place the clips? Any pics available? Feel like an idiot. Can't get it cinched down tight.

Man I don't have it anymore or I'd get some pics for you.. seems like I had two at an angle for the rear and the front were just straight. I had the husky toolbox upfront so mine would have been 6 inches further back.

advertisement
stlhobo

stlhobo

Feb 7, 2017
Wentzville, MO
Ownership

1. 500
Man I don't have it anymore or I'd get some pics for you.. seems like I had two at an angle for the rear and the front were just straight. I had the husky toolbox upfront so mine would have been 6 inches further back.

No worries. Eventually got it. Just had to be smarter than what I was working with.

Reactions: Jshell3 and JTW
J

JTW

Do you have a toolbox? If not, I highly suggest it! I loved and miss my box and basket set up!

stlhobo

stlhobo

Feb 7, 2017
Wentzville, MO
Ownership

1. 500
Husky box already ordered. Should have it tomorrow.

I have no problem admitting I'm a copy cat. Got my Blue P5 about a month ago, jumped on this forum and saw the Blueberry build. Looked too good not to duplicate.

J

JTW

I have no problem admitting I'm a copy cat. Got my Blue P5 about a month ago, jumped on this forum and saw the Blueberry build. Looked too good not to duplicate.

Awesome!! Imitation is the best form of flattery!! And waaaay less expensive than figuring s*** out for yourself!

Reactions: trigger and Jshell3
stlhobo

stlhobo

Feb 7, 2017
Wentzville, MO
Ownership

1. 500
Ha. Not yet. Roof, windshield, basket and box in 30 days. Not to mention the Sxs and good ole Missouri state sales tax. Trailer might be next. Then who knows what - second battery, bumper, winch, lights, Chooglin box and on, and on, and on. You guys have helped me break the bank.

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

Ha. Not yet. Roof, windshield, basket and box in 30 days. Not to mention the Sxs and good ole Missouri state sales tax. Trailer might be next. Then who knows what - second battery, bumper, winch, lights, Chooglin box and on, and on, and on. You guys have helped me break the bank.

Lol.. I understand! This was mine... just when I got it how I wanted... the 1000-5 took its place.
P500 - 2017 pioneer 500 build..

J

Jshell3

You just took first place as my favorite new member!
Thanks!

Reactions: stlhobo and JTW
J

Jshell3

The Husky box ranked pretty high on my mod delights. Other boxes I've seen didn't function at well or built as solid.
I used it all the time. Machetes, rope, saws, ratchet straps, and guns! I miss it on my P1k5. @JTW
You could (and I did) use it often for a reverse bench seat for extra passengers when put putting around.

I managed to install the box about 2 weeks before I sold Blueberry. But also considered a delight.

The 1/2 windshield was very love/hate. The concept was good (you can't see through a FULL muddy windshield- no wipers) but the low pressure vortex it causes made the dash filthy dirty all the time. And constantly circulated debris up and in your eyes. I only ran it on cold cold days.

Good luck on your build @stlhobo I'll be happy to tell you my experiences along the way!
IMG 5423

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!