P500 Roof height and home made mud flares

G

Good1

Nov 28, 2021
Creston BC
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 520
I have a 520 on order. I am busy buying bits and pieces. reading all I can-lots of talk the stock tires are not great and the ground clearance is not spectacular. Lots of "if you go up, go out".
Ok, so here is the thing- I have 94" into the garage, the machine is 71.2" the trailer is 18". Looks like the Honda roof is taller, so how much height is added with a Direction 2 plastic roof? This will determine the tire size I can squeak under the door with the 520 on the trailer.

Home made mud flares
A plastic slippery slider toboggan is like $6 (Cad) I am going to attempt to make mud flares. Has anyone tried this?

Reactions: TxDoc
Red500

Red500

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2018
Greeneville, Tn.
Ownership

1. 500
Got no answers for you but, welcome to the club from East Tennessee.

B

Bomersteve35

Jan 9, 2021
Portland or
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
26 inch rocktane tires gave one more inch of ground clearance and they almost rub front inner fenders and frame by 1/4 inch. So sounds like you should be fine with any roof an 26 or 27 tires

Reactions: Good1
B

BillyC

Aug 2, 2020
Southeast MO
Ownership

1. 500
You might be able to pull it down a couple of inches by pulling it down to the trailer with a couple of good ratchet straps and then let them loose when you get inside so the suspension isn’t compressed while inside.

Reactions: The Green Goat
G

Good1

Nov 28, 2021
Creston BC
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 520
You might be able to pull it down a couple of inches by pulling it down to the trailer with a couple of good ratchet straps and then let them loose when you get inside so the suspension isn’t compressed while inside.
Oh, that would work. I am going to be real close and was thinking I might have to remove the roof, but compressing the suspension will work, unless I forget to compress it lol.

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome from Alabama.
Not familiar how the Direction 2 roof mounts to roll cage, but it looks nice on their web site. The EMP aluminum roof only adds a little more than 1/2" above frame.
The overall height of my P500 with 26" Blackwater Evo tires is about 72" to the top of the roof.
EMP 07EMP 08Level HOA

bowhunterbill

bowhunterbill

May 31, 2019
Bozeman, MT
Or let air out of the trailer’s tires and reinflate with a garage compressor (a good excuse to buy one!).

For the flares, I made front mud guards from the plastic housing from over an old Precor elliptical exercise machine’s flywheel. I posted it in the accessories and modifications section. No reason you couldn’t do what you’re thinking.- other than the color. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G

Good1

Nov 28, 2021
Creston BC
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 520
Or let air out of the trailer’s tires and reinflate with a garage compressor (a good excuse to buy one!).

For the flares, I made front mud guards from the plastic housing from over an old Precor elliptical exercise machine’s flywheel. I posted it in the accessories and modifications section. No reason you couldn’t do what you’re thinking.- other than the color. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The toboggan comes in red too lol.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!