P500 2017 pioneer 500 build..

J

JTW

Considering it may not be mine much longer, I figured I should get on sharing the progress so far..

IMG 0942 IMG 0951 IMG 0946 IMG 0944 IMG 0945 IMG 0952 IMG 0948 IMG 0957 IMG 0950 IMG 0964 IMG 0953 IMG 0954

J

JTW

We've got..
Upgraded HID 55 watt headlights
NOAM bluetooth sound system
Rear view mirror
Tusk dome light
Switched rear led work lights
Behind the seat rubber ...sound/heat/dust barrier
Saftey seat belt disconnect & swap
Full sized marine cupholders
2" hitch receiver plate
Strongmade front bumper
Superwinch Terra 35 synthetic rope
SuperATV flip out windshield
26x9x12 Bighorn originals on all 4
Honda roof
Husky 48" aluminum tool box
Strongmade rear basket
Rtic 20 cooler
... also, I mounted a piece of flat stock behind the headrest where I hang a small bag for pistol, maps, and odds and ends.

I have been extremely pleased with the initial quality and function of all my upgrades and add on's...

Last edited by a moderator:
William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Why get rid of it?

J

JTW

With all the work you've put into the 500, it sure would be great if you could keep both. We have a 500 and a 1000 and really like having the different riding options. Plus the wife can get out on the trail and have some fun in the drivers seat.
I've got too much stuff that doesn't get used.. the boat hasn't been in the water in two years.. the 48 Willys Jeep doesn't get driven that much anymore.. a golf cart and a gator cx that sit.. I'm trying to consolidate and actually keep things we'll use! If I see a need for something smaller than the 1000 I'll just buy another 4 wheeler.

Reactions: Tigermark
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I've got too much stuff that doesn't get used.. the boat hasn't been in the water in two years.. the 48 Willys Jeep doesn't get driven that much anymore.. a golf cart and a gator cx that sit.. I'm trying to consolidate and actually keep things we'll use! If I see a need for something smaller than the 1000 I'll just buy another 4 wheeler.
I'll take that 48 Willys off your hands. ;)

advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
That's the one thing I don't mind hanging on to.. it's my hunt'n buggy. Besides, you could buy a 1000 deluxe cheaper!
But it wouldn't be a 48 Willys. I wouldn't get rid of it if it were mine.

Reactions: Tigermark and JTW
J

JTW

If I didn't have a 500 I would come buy yours! It's awesome!!! Love the camo... built nicely...
Thanks.. I like it a lot! I just think that after having and driving it and the girls sitting home I should have gone with the bigger machine. I really thought machine size would be a bigger issue than it seems to be.

Reactions: William
FuzzyGrub

FuzzyGrub

Sep 19, 2014
Rural NY
www.joefishin.com
Ownership

1. 500
11K.. box,basket and three ball hitch were gifts and I'll keep those. New wheels will go with it. That's me taking a $1,000 loss on it.

I suspect it will be hard to find a buyer. :( Trying to sell any near new item, with your personnel selection of mods, for more than a stock new machine is usually hard. Everyone wants the mods thrown in for near nothing or they want to select their own. Many times removing the mods (the ones you can) and selling separately is a better option. Good luck with your sale.

J

JTW

I suspect it will be hard to find a buyer. :( Trying to sell any near new item, with your personnel selection of mods, for more than a stock new machine is usually hard. Everyone wants the mods thrown in for near nothing or they want to select their own. Many times removing the mods (the ones you can) and selling separately is a better option. Good luck with your sale.
If someone goes and writes a check to the dealership for a 2017 camo with wheels and tires, they are just shy of $10,500. And mine has another $1500 of accessories and boat loads of time into it.. and it was done right. I don't HAVE to sell it but I also know what it's worth!

FuzzyGrub

FuzzyGrub

Sep 19, 2014
Rural NY
www.joefishin.com
Ownership

1. 500
If someone goes and writes a check to the dealership for a 2017 camo with wheels and tires, they are just shy of $10,500. And mine has another $1500 of accessories and boat loads of time into it.. and it was done right. I don't HAVE to sell it but I also know what it's worth!

Understand. Just a suggestion. Curious to what your Honda dealer offered on a trade in for a P1000.

I never inquired on mine, is the Honda warrantee transferrable?

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

Understand. Just a suggestion. Curious to what your Honda dealer offered on a trade in for a P1000.

I never inquired on mine, is the Honda warrantee transferrable?
I had a missed call but didn't get to talk to him yet.. I believe it is.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!