P500 2017 pioneer 500 build..

J

JTW

You Fricking nailed it
But I hang on to it because it's really no trouble. Living on the lake IF I want to go Bowfishing or crappie fishing or throw the blind on and duck hunt.. I can! However, we never bowfish anymore.. I go crappie fishing with my buddy and his is set up just for it.. and we don't get enough ducks anymore to even concern ourselves with putting the blind on. So why?

J

JTW

Outside of that one word, I thought my wife found one of the forums I hang out in! ;)
Bhahahaha... I know. It's cool until s*** just starts sitting around and gets in your way. I know I'll kick myself one of these days if I get rid of it.

J

Jshell3

I have no issues buying and selling. Although aside from my P500, I typically buy used. So it's easier Emotionally AND Financially. (Heck, Ive been know to break even, sometimes, too. Lol)

Reactions: JTW
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Lol.. mine haven't been too bad. John boats and pontoons aren't quite in the same category.
That's the point.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Exactly.. the problem we have is we just don't use them. Pontoon didn't even go in the water this year.. last year we went out on it twice. My John boat is not a problem as it is stored inside and really not much to maintain there.. but what's the point of having it if it never gets used. I dunno... I get tired of excess and waste... seems like all we do is accumulate and never get rid of toys.
I rarely sell anything. Last year I sold my 1973 Kawasaki 175 enduro that I'd had forever, only because all I did for years was bring it out of the barn once a month or so and start it, ride it around the circle and park it. Then finally it wouldn't start, had to spray the carb, then one time the clutch was stuck, so I had to push it so that when I hit first out of neutral it would be rolling and not stall (you can pop thru the gears without clutching). Then the last time I pulled it out and poured gas in it, it ran out on the ground!!!!! Sold

Reactions: Dp5hunter and JTW
LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
The two happiest days of your life, they day you buy the boat and the day you sell the boat. Lol
Once of my happiest days is when I bought a boat. I've had a boat for the last 9yrs. I have a place on the lake and we go at least 15 to 20 weekends a year. I could never see myself not owning one honestly. We love the lake here in the hot Tennessee summers. Plus I have a bunch of buddies I only hang out with on the lake. Is it expensive? Sure... But well worth it in my opinion!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Once of my happiest days is when I bought a boat. I've had a boat for the last 9yrs. I have a place on the lake and we go at least 15 to 20 weekends a year. I could never see myself not owning one honestly. We love the lake here in the hot Tennessee summers. Plus I have a bunch of buddies I only hang out with on the lake. Is it expensive? Sure... But well worth it in my opinion!
I couldn't agree more!

FuzzyGrub

FuzzyGrub

Sep 19, 2014
Rural NY
www.joefishin.com
Ownership

1. 500

One boat? OK, one pleasure boat, the rest are for fishing! :)

I will never be boatless. Ever!

Reactions: LandPioneer and JTW
advertisement
J

JTW

Yeah.. it has to be your thing. All we do is work and particularly with my job, it's when everyone else is off. I see so many folks that get to enjoy the lake and that's awesome.. wish I could more. I guess that's part of growing up on it!

J

Jshell3

I currently own 2 boats. A Stratos, and a small aluminum 25hp for troutlines, yo-yo's, and river sandbars. Personally, I like the smaller boat, unless there's more than 2 ppl going. The wife and I have divided our boys between us and had family fishing tournaments. That was a blast!!!

Reactions: Dp5hunter and JTW
J

JTW

I currently own 2 boats. A Stratos, and a small aluminum 25hp for troutlines, yo-yo's, and river sandbars. Personally, I like the smaller boat, unless there's more than 2 ppl going. The wife and I have divided our boys between us and had family fishing tournaments. That was a blast!!!
Exactly.. in the pics is an 1860.. I enjoy the little 12ft on the creeks and tail waters more!

Reactions: Dp5hunter
O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
Got the truck in June and have 9700 miles on it without any issues.

J

JTW

yes. I get 23MPG on the road and 12.5mpg towing my P500. They have been on two 2800 mile trips this year :)
You must drive slower than me! Lol.. I'm averaging 16.2mpg. We do tend to keep it in sport mode and rarely aren't above 65mph

O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
You must drive slower than me! Lol.. I'm averaging 16.2mpg. We do tend to keep it in sport mode and rarely aren't above 65mph
The Montana trips with the trailer we run in the tow mode with the cruise at 73mph for most of it. My trailer has 15 wheels. The mpg will range from 10 through about 13.2. Favored the low side this trip with the colder weather.

J

JTW

The Montana trips with the trailer we run in the tow mode with the cruise at 73mph for most of it. My trailer has 15 wheels. The mpg will range from 10 through about 13.2. Favored the low side this trip with the colder weather.
Interesting.. what mileage are you at now? I'm right at 30k

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!