P500 Strongmade Winch Bumper Top Tube Size ?

G

GreenBush

Jun 3, 2018
The Motor City !!
Ownership

1. 500
I would like to mount a light bar to the SM winch bumper I just ordered...

I want to duplicate what some of you guys have done and mount it to the tube that goes over the winch...

Anyone know what size dia. that top tube is so I can order clamps ?

Also, anyone know the dia. of the P5 roll cage bars and are they the same dia. all the way around ?

Thanks in advance !

Steve

luckymike

luckymike

Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2016
michigan
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I can measure tonight when I get home.my light bar was a little to big so I mounted a piece of angle iron to the SM bumper and mounted the light to it.sets the light back
IMG 20180410 164424158 HDR
an inch or so from the tube on the bumper

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
I would like to mount a light bar to the SM winch bumper I just ordered...

I want to duplicate what some of you guys have done and mount it to the tube that goes over the winch...

Anyone know what size dia. that top tube is so I can order clamps ?

Also, anyone know the dia. of the P5 roll cage bars and are they the same dia. all the way around ?

Thanks in advance !

Steve
The bar over the Strong-Made bumper is 1-1/2" diameter - I got a mount like this
Winch02

from Tractor Supply Co, I think this was the item
Traveller Small 1 in.+ Tube Bracket at Tractor Supply Co.
there were three sets of rubber spacers for different size bars - mount holds light securely, hex key (Allen wrench) required to remove light making it a little more theft resistant than a hex nut.
The ROPS are all 1-5/8" diameter except the back minor bars that run behind head rests, those are 1-3/8" diameter

G

GreenBush

Jun 3, 2018
The Motor City !!
Ownership

1. 500
Excellent and thank all you guys for the pics and information ! I appreciate it greatly...

I'm not one for trying to reinvent the wheel, (unless absolutely needed)...just duplicate what works. :cool:

I do now see there isn't enough real estate to mount the 20" curved bar I have, looks like a 12" will go with
a lil' modification......

Thanks again gents !! :D

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!