P1000 Struggling with cab/door options

P

PJinDaUP

Apr 26, 2019
Midwest
Well, I’ve had my P1k-5 for a week now, I absolutely love it. I have the SuperAtv flip, Honda hard roof, and Honda fabric back panel. I’ve driven this in 50 degree weather and been comfortable. This is how the machine will get the majority of the use.

However, as it get colder during bird season up here, and for occasional winter chores, I’d like some kind of enclosure that can be put on without too much trouble. I’m not worried about 100% dust seal, I just want to close off the cab and get the heater to keep it a little warmer and keep the cold wind out.

Obviously I’m looking at the Honda fabric doors, but am I correct that they aren’t really easily removable? Do the windows zip out completely? Anyone have pics of the doors off or windows open they can share?

I’ve looked at CEC enclosures; looks great but having to unzip the window to get the door open might be a deal-breaker. I don’t want to be jacking around with zippers while trying to make a quick exit bird hunting. Anyone with those enclosures have thoughts about this?

The Alumilite cabs look nice, but these seems like overkill for my needs. And it’s expensive. And I already have a roof and windshield I like.

Other thoughts?

Reactions: sharp and BWAF
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well, I’ve had my P1k-5 for a week now, I absolutely love it. I have the SuperAtv flip, Honda hard roof, and Honda fabric back panel. I’ve driven this in 50 degree weather and been comfortable. This is how the machine will get the majority of the use.

However, as it get colder during bird season up here, and for occasional winter chores, I’d like some kind of enclosure that can be put on without too much trouble. I’m not worried about 100% dust seal, I just want to close off the cab and get the heater to keep it a little warmer and keep the cold wind out.

Obviously I’m looking at the Honda fabric doors, but am I correct that they aren’t really easily removable? Do the windows zip out completely? Anyone have pics of the doors off or windows open they can share?

I’ve looked at CEC enclosures; looks great but having to unzip the window to get the door open might be a deal-breaker. I don’t want to be jacking around with zippers while trying to make a quick exit bird hunting. Anyone with those enclosures have thoughts about this?

The Alumilite cabs look nice, but these seems like overkill for my needs. And it’s expensive. And I already have a roof and windshield I like.

Other thoughts?
Check out Strongbuilts homemade doors this is what I want to do 2d0d5c991965c1569207149f6e551195A442fe2560f05b8420b3c70ad878ed1d

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Check out Strongbuilts homemade doors this is what I want to do View attachment 128824View attachment 128825

Very confused. How is it possible I can put the thread title in the 'search' along with posters name and come back ........ nothing found???? I know it is there, since you just showed it. Got the link?

Reactions: BWAF
tr005

tr005

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2017
Big Rapids, Mi.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The Honda soft door tops go on and off real easy. Less than fifteen minutes per side. The windows do not zip all the way off and there’s a strap that attaches to the handle that you pull from the outside. They have a newer version out now that seals better I’ve heard. Mine aren’t the greatest but they work for us. We had the dealer put ours on but I know @Remington put his on with out much trouble.

Reactions: Remington and BWAF
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Very confused. How is it possible I can put the thread title in the 'search' along with posters name and come back ........ nothing found???? I know it is there, since you just showed it. Got the link?
No, I've had same problem!

Reactions: BigOL3
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@ Hondasxs can you find it

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
The Honda soft door tops go on and off real easy. Less than fifteen minutes per side. The windows do not zip all the way off and there’s a strap that attaches to the handle that you pull from the outside. They have a newer version out now that seals better I’ve heard. Mine aren’t the greatest but they work for us. We had the dealer put ours on but I know @Remington put his on with out much trouble.
Exactly like ^ said. There easy peasy to remove and the zipper isn’t too bad. The new version has a much better seal set up. Honda must of had enough complaints lol. If you go that route you will do fine.

Reactions: tr005
Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have the Honda soft doors. I put the brackets on the door so they just slide on and off. It takes a few seconds. I didn't use all of the hardware but they still work well. We used them several times in rain and snow and they're great in my opinion. They don't seal perfectly but if I need more I'll just drive my truck.

IMG 3699 20181205 201416

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Go to either the homepage, or main forum page and search like this.
Capture85

Reactions: BWAF and BigOL3
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
OK, my bad. I see the thread was not by Strongbuilt, but rather Beejay ..... lol
Strong built was last to comment it was a old screenshot I was saving

Reactions: BigOL3
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4

Other thoughts?
I’ve got the Seizmik and am very happy with them. Though neither Honda or Seizmik zip completely out, which is very unfortunate.

Reactions: BWAF

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!