P1000 Struggling with cab/door options

ElmerFudd

ElmerFudd

Jul 19, 2015
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well, I’ve had my P1k-5 for a week now, I absolutely love it. I have the SuperAtv flip, Honda hard roof, and Honda fabric back panel. I’ve driven this in 50 degree weather and been comfortable. This is how the machine will get the majority of the use.

However, as it get colder during bird season up here, and for occasional winter chores, I’d like some kind of enclosure that can be put on without too much trouble. I’m not worried about 100% dust seal, I just want to close off the cab and get the heater to keep it a little warmer and keep the cold wind out.

Obviously I’m looking at the Honda fabric doors, but am I correct that they aren’t really easily removable? Do the windows zip out completely? Anyone have pics of the doors off or windows open they can share?

I’ve looked at CEC enclosures; looks great but having to unzip the window to get the door open might be a deal-breaker. I don’t want to be jacking around with zippers while trying to make a quick exit bird hunting. Anyone with those enclosures have thoughts about this?

The Alumilite cabs look nice, but these seems like overkill for my needs. And it’s expensive. And I already have a roof and windshield I like.

Other thoughts?
Just got the new improved soft upper doors. Seem okay but after spending all weekend and about 150 miles listening to my Ranger buddy complain about all the rattling I ordered some after market door hinge bushings. Hopefully they will help. Also when they installed them they had to cut notches in the mounting plastic due to the non Honda SuperATV flip up windshield I have. They are real easy to take off. Now I need to find a fix for the rattling bed latches. My buddys Ranger has 14K on it and he's looking to buy, was considering the Honda but told me he would rather mechanic than listen to all the rattling.

Reactions: 2018GMC and BWAF
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just got the new improved soft upper doors. Seem okay but after spending all weekend and about 150 miles listening to my Ranger buddy complain about all the rattling I ordered some after market door hinge bushings. Hopefully they will help. Also when they installed them they had to cut notches in the mounting plastic due to the non Honda SuperATV flip up windshield I have. They are real easy to take off. Now I need to find a fix for the rattling bed latches. My buddys Ranger has 14K on it and he's looking to buy, was considering the Honda but told me he would rather mechanic than listen to all the rattling.
Did you apologize that he could hear the rattling instead of a belt destroying itself

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Reactions: BigOL3
ElmerFudd

ElmerFudd

Jul 19, 2015
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Did you apologize that he could hear the rattling instead of a belt destroying itself

Of course I did !! He did comment on how on flat ground I could cruise along at 2500-2800 rpm. Can't remember the brand of the new hinge bushings? R3B, BR3, something like that, but they are really good. Also when your (broke down) Ranger buddy zips the window down and folds it in make sure he doesn't lean on it against the hand bar and scar it up.

Reactions: BWAF
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Of course I did !! He did comment on how on flat ground I could cruise along at 2500-2800 rpm. Can't remember the brand of the new hinge bushings? R3B, BR3, something like that, but they are really good. Also when your (broke down) Ranger buddy zips the window down and folds it in make sure he doesn't lean on it against the hand bar and scar it up.
Lol

P

PJinDaUP

Apr 26, 2019
Midwest

I have the Super ATV flip too. That stinks that they have to cut the doors, especially if I decide to go glass windshield with wipers one day.

Reactions: BWAF
BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The rattling is not hard to correct.

P

PJinDaUP

Apr 26, 2019
Midwest

Elmer, would the notches they cut affect the seal if I were to change to the Honda Glass windsheild with window wiper in the future?

ElmerFudd

ElmerFudd

Jul 19, 2015
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I was worried about that very thing also. Especially if Honda ever gets into the 21st century and builds a good glass flip up windshield. They just cut two notches around the brackets on each side. I don't think it would effect anything except the looks. If I can figure out how I will take a picture and post.

ElmerFudd

ElmerFudd

Jul 19, 2015
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The rattling is not hard to correct.
Any ideas how to "permanently" fix bed rattling/bouncing. I have fixed it temporarily but it always wears out whatever I put on the latch??

Reactions: BigOL3
hif355

hif355

Nov 7, 2018
Windsor, CA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Any ideas how to "permanently" fix bed rattling/bouncing. I have fixed it temporarily but it always wears out whatever I put on the latch??

I just moved the two strikers(?) on the front of the bed so it is harder to lock the bed down. No issues with rattling returning yet, but it may need to be adjusted again in the future as they wear in.

P

PJinDaUP

Apr 26, 2019
Midwest

I fixed my bed rattle by doing three things.

1. Move the latches that the dump bed bar hooks on to. When coming from the dealer they were set too high, so the bed could rock a little when riding. Loosen the bolts and move them down.

2. On the inside of the rear passenger doors there are plastic side rails that keep the extra seats from flipping up when folded down. These were also too high and the seat back could rattle. Loosen the bolts and move these down as well.

3. There are rubber bumpers on the inside of all of the doors. Lengthen them by unscrewing them a little. That should keep the doors closed tightly.

I can take pictures tonight if it will help.

Reactions: TripleB and hif355
P

PJinDaUP

Apr 26, 2019
Midwest
I was worried about that very thing also. Especially if Honda ever gets into the 21st century and builds a good glass flip up windshield. They just cut two notches around the brackets on each side. I don't think it would effect anything except the looks. If I can figure out how I will take a picture and post.

I was also really surprised by the lack of a glass flip up.

I might even just sell the flip window and jump to the glass, as I have a feeling winter riding in the snow might make me wish I had one. I love the flip though. Hmm.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!