P1000 Stuck in gear and won't move

D

derekholt16

Aug 8, 2022
Tampa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hey y'all just got a 2017 pioneer 1000 i brought it out for it's first ride this weekend it rode great for about a hour then it got stuck in 5th gear and wouldn't move no where in low, high or reverse. I went through some water and believe the transmission could have gotten wet, went to start it the next morning and everything is fine now, was gonna start tossing dielectric grease around all the plugs and take out the shift motor and clean it. Anyone ever had this issue or have any advice?

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How deep was the water?

When you say it wouldn't move anywhere, do you mean the engine revved but it didn't move, or that it would lug along trying to start in 5th?

Assuming you towed it home?

D

derekholt16

Aug 8, 2022
Tampa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Water wasn't even deep enough to go into the cab but I feel as though it could have splashed onto the transmission and any sensors, the engine revved fine but wouldn't and 5th gear was displayed on the dash, got it towed back and started it in the morning and was fine I then warmed it and reinitialized the clutches drove it around like it never happened

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Hey y'all just got a 2017 pioneer 1000 i
Whats a 1000 i ? 😂
welcome from Michigan.
I would suggest to use the Search up top if u havent yet. your problem has happened more than Brandon has fumbled his words.
your doing right with the dielectric grease. Take it a few steps further. first, drain the oil and sub trans and filters And replenish. Second, snorkel this 1000 i So it doesn't happen again. Again you will find this in the search.

Since you didnt do an intro, and post pics of the 1000 i 🧐😂
we most deff need pics….
PICS IR IT DIDNT HAPPEN 🥳

Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hey y'all just got a 2017 pioneer 1000 i brought it out for it's first ride this weekend it rode great for about a hour then it got stuck in 5th gear and wouldn't move no where in low, high or reverse. I went through some water and believe the transmission could have gotten wet, went to start it the next morning and everything is fine now, was gonna start tossing dielectric grease around all the plugs and take out the shift motor and clean it. Anyone ever had this issue or have any advice?
can't help but welcome to the forum from Ohio

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
Take shift motor apart and clean it up. It'll probably look black on the armature. That's all it takes to make it act up.

Reactions: toddvdh
mlynch001

mlynch001

Oct 7, 2020
Dardanelle, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Look for loose, broken or corroded connections at the rear engine harness and the valve body connections. The shift motor could have got moisture inside, but this typically does not dry out over night.

D

derekholt16

Aug 8, 2022
Tampa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
That's my bad I forgot to capitalize it it is not a 1000 I, that don't exist. Yes it is snorkeled already, no I didn't get stuck in a hole, everyone I have talked to has told me to clean the shift motor and I'll check all the connections and dielectric grease the sensors, just want to prevent it from happening again and also know why since I ride in a lot of water normally

advertisement
toddvdh

toddvdh

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2020
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
How many hours or miles are on it? I think you are on the right track. Once cleaned and sealed properly with dielectric grease it should be good for a bunch more miles.

As you know water riding requires a bit more work on the machine. But every 4-5 years to clean a shift motor isn't bad in my book.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!