P500 stuck in gear

M

Moose308

Jun 16, 2015
Just got back from the country.P500 was stuck in reverse and would not shift.Backed up about a mile and put her on the trailer.Shut it off.Tried it again and pow everything is good now.Took it back off the trailer and drove around and seems ok.Any ideas?What could be wrong it's a Honda?

G

gillbert

Dec 24, 2016
baie-comeau pq
Ownership

1. 500
Just got back from the country.P500 was stuck in reverse and would not shift.Backed up about a mile and put her on the trailer.Shut it off.Tried it again and pow everything is good now.Took it back off the trailer and drove around and seems ok.Any ideas?What could be wrong it's a Honda?
it is a clutch ajustement.

Reactions: Moose308
C

Chooglin

First thing I would do , check baterry cables and ground wires. It could be as simple as a loose connection!

C

Chooglin

If you want to adjust the clutch, this is the procedure on how to do it. I would go a little more than a 1/4 turn , it shifts best on my machine this way !

IMG 0971
Should this happen to you again , there is a tool supplied with your p500 to manually shift the transmission. The tool is under the drivers side seat , next to that massive tool kit supplied by Honda !

Reactions: Mudder
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
If you want to adjust the clutch, this is the procedure on how to do it. I would go a little more than a 1/4 turn , it shifts best on my machine this way !

View attachment 38585
Should this happen to you again , there is a tool supplied with your p500 to manually shift the transmission. The tool is under the drivers side seat , next to that massive tool kit supplied by Honda !
Yes, had to use the tool once before I adjusted the clutch, glad the dealer pointed it out on delivery walk thru. Clutch adjustment really improved the shift smoothness and no problems since. 2017 P500.

M

Moose308

Jun 16, 2015
Forgot about the tool. My bad. Long windy trip in reverse.

500oneer

500oneer

15,000 mile club
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
Mine did that in the first couple of hundred miles. I was really worried the first time it happened but then just I shut it off and everything was fine. I never adjusted anything. Just turned 4,500 miles this week.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!