P1000m3 Sub Transmission/ Low range slipping

G

GP70

Oct 8, 2017
New Zealand
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hello, my 1000 wont drive in low range, just slips and occaionally bangs as it engages. I made a serious mistake when doing first service/oil change. I found 3 drains underneath, drained them all but didnt refill the sub transmission under the seat. So for about 10 hours the engine/DCT had 1.2l too much oil and the sub transmission had none. I do all my own servicing/repairs and cant believe I could be so stupid - too much hurry. Anyway what do you guys think has happened? It still drives absolutely smooth in High no issues at all. It feels as if the lever isnt quite going far enough to engage low. I thought I might pull the sub-transmission to bits and hopefully repair it but maybe some experts on here might know what ive damaged. Thanks for reading = great site

Last edited:
knuckledeep

knuckledeep

my trailer queen is trashy
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2015
Eustis florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Did you fill the sub trans with oil now check the adjistment on the selector cable and try a clutch reset

Reactions: GP70
Downs807

Downs807

Sep 3, 2017
Kentucky
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I’d say you got all the clutches.

I’ll be interested to see the outcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hello, my 1000 wont drive in low range, just slips and occaionally bangs as it engages. I made a serious mistake when doing first service/oil change. I found 3 drains underneath, drained them all but didnt refill the sub transmission under the seat. So for about 10 hours the engine/DCT had 1.2l too much oil and the sub transmission had none. I do all my own servicing/repairs and cant believe I could be so stupid - too much hurry. Anyway what do you guys think has happened? It still drives absolutely smooth in High no issues at all. It feels as if the lever isnt quite going far enough to engage low. I thought I might pull the sub-transmission to bits and hopefully repair it but maybe some experts on here might know what ive damaged. Thanks for reading = great site
I kinda did the same thing but I put oil in the sub, measured the amount of oil for the transmission and poured it in after draining to upper drain, I didn't know it had a lower and upper drain hole. DUGH!!!! Had plenty of oil!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!