Subtransmision gears

MrHyde85

MrHyde85

Jan 3, 2017
South Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am a new member to The Forum. I apparently posted something but I sent it to some of the members rather than posting in a general forum. I'm trying to put this where everyone can see it. Sorry if it's not correct. Either way I purchased a 2016 Honda Pioneer 1000-5. I purchased it on December 14th 2016. About a week ago around the 2nd of January 2017 my Honda begin making a chattering noise. It was coming from around the motor transmission area. I took it to the dealership and they discovered that two of the gears we're not milled correctly and we're slapping each other causing the noise. It was covered under warranty but I was just putting this out there to see if anyone else may have had the same problem or have heard of this. We got it back a few days ago and everything seems to be functioning properly.

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
First one I've heard off.
Glad you got it sorted out easily.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Thanks for posting on this I haven't heard it either but glad it's back on the trails. Welcome to the forum! Looks like you've been busy with a couple choice upgrades on the Pioneer

Reactions: Plumber32 and sharp
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You might be the only one with that problem. Glad they figured it out and got you going.

Upstatefreedom

Upstatefreedom

May 25, 2016
Colton,New york
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Good find for the dealer. So it was just a noise? No issues with shifting or drive? Glad it's taken care of for ya!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J

JTW

Seems Honda sure doesn't have the quality or quality control from the days of old..

Upstatefreedom

Upstatefreedom

May 25, 2016
Colton,New york
Ownership

1. 1000-3
But. Still an overall awesome machine!! Way better than the Polaris I had before it. Lol

Reactions: JTW
MrHyde85

MrHyde85

Jan 3, 2017
South Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes, it was just a noise. But it did seam to ride a little smoother after we got it back. It wasn't something I would have noticed though, my wife actually pointed it out. Also, that's what I said too, quality control sucks nowadays.

MrHyde85

MrHyde85

Jan 3, 2017
South Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As far as the dealer goes. Great store, good people. The service manager took the time to check it out and fixed the problem.

Reactions: JTW

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!