Sun/wind visors

Doogle

Doogle

Nov 30, 2020
Surprise,Az Cincinnati,OH
Ownership

1. Talon R
I have a Talon 1000R with a half windshield and a full back windshield. Riding on the road to my areas, the wind in my face is objectionable. And in the late afternoon riding up some hills the sun is blinding. I haven't seen any good visors that might tolerate the 60 mph speed they might see. I'm at the point of making my own. Has anyone made a set that works or found some online that works?

Mark in Northern Iowa

Mark in Northern Iowa

Club Contributor
Oct 20, 2021
Floyd County, Iowa
kramnella.wixsite.com
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Not an answer to your question, but something that will help until you find something better. I use these cheap smoke lens UV safety glasses when driving. I can look directly into the sun, and still see. Better then nothing anyway.
Have a good day

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
You can get those same glasses at Harbour Freight for like $1.75 each if there is one in your area. I buy them by the handful and keep some here, there, and everywhere. Several pairs at work, in the shop, in the truck, on the pontoon boat, because there is always someone that jumps in the water and loses their glasses. If you lose them, who cares, they were $1.75

H

hondatalonr

Feb 6, 2021
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
I installed a piece of dark tinted polycarbonate completely across the top between upper cage bars. Helps deflect wind and stops the blinding head on sun. Could not find a product out there that would do the same.

Reactions: Bastardchild
Dittybag

Dittybag

Sep 23, 2021
worry
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
If you're in to fabricating, you might get an air dam and adapt it to the cage.
3865 FJ Air Dam

Doogle

Doogle

Nov 30, 2020
Ownership

1. Talon R
Not an answer to your question, but something that will help until you find something better. I use these cheap smoke lens UV safety glasses when driving. I can look directly into the sun, and still see. Better then nothing anyway.
Have a good day
I'm mostly interested in extra wind deflection. I think I'll probably make something that will look ugly, if there isn't anything reasonable out there. And I may try the HF UV glasses.

Doogle

Doogle

Nov 30, 2020
Ownership

1. Talon R
So far I just attached 2 spare mirrors that give some wind protection and block enough sun when going up hill into the sun. This picture wasn't taken to show, but it's all I have.

2022 01 27 Boulders riding area 5 cr

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Check these out

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!