P1000 Super atv flip up windshield questions

J

JTW

Is there a formed lip (45°bend) across the top of the SuperATV lower half windshield? I have the SATV half windshield and if it's about 60° it blocks way too much air because the top lip deflects the air over your head
Nope.. if it’s open you’re getting air.. if the top half is off. You’re getting air.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I'll probably catch the next one. Its been crazy busy at work and from being off during hunting seasons (Colorado and texas) and the holidays I'm running behind.:(

Looks like a nice place for sure.
10-4 If your close or ever want to ride let me k ow

JEP

JEP

May 4, 2015
Western PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Buy Plexus. $20 a can. I clean my Super Atv windshield with it all the time. I hose the main mud off, blow dry it with a leaf blower and then use Plexus. Wipe with a microfiber. Not a scratch on the windshield in over a year.

Plexus was originally designed for airplane windshields and for use on plastics. Even helps shed a lil water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JTW
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've decided I would like a windshield to use about 3 months per year in the winter. Living in Texas, I won't need it year round. It looks like the super atv flip up windshield would work best for me for the following reasons:

Moderately priced
Ability to open for ventilation
Ability to open for visibility if it gets muddy
Ability to open to limit dust in cab

See questions below:

Is it really hard coat scratch resistant (I've read that it may not be)?

Will this solve the problem of water running off the honda top and onto my legs when braking?

Can you easily remove the top section for warmer weather leaving the bottom section installed?

Thanks.
Top is easily removed. #4 torx. I take it off all the time. Great windshield

Reactions: Hondoman
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yea, I am not so happy with my Honda one... I will be getting this one once it goes on sale. Is the Bottom Hardcoat as well? The Honda hardcoat is only on the top - my bottom has taken some wear and damage. + the Honda 2 piece does not really provide wind when it is open.

J

JTW

Yea, I am not so happy with my Honda one... I will be getting this one once it goes on sale. Is the Bottom Hardcoat as well? The Honda hardcoat is only on the top - my bottom has taken some wear and damage. + the Honda 2 piece does not really provide wind when it is open.
Yeah

Reactions: Windrock1000
advertisement
Pmed489

Pmed489

Sep 29, 2017
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I installed one a few months ago on mine. Love it the only thing i did was to reenforce the loweer portion with a peice of angle iron to stiffen up the bottom latch which i found a little loose. trailered and ran at high speeds no issues. Run through woods no scratched. Only have to adjust a few times to get it to seat in the right position for the gap of the pieces of top and bottm half.

Pioneer

Swampmonkey

Swampmonkey

Jan 17, 2019
Al
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Guys, does the lower portion get in the way of your shifter like some say?

Mattdlg

Mattdlg

May 16, 2017
New Mexico
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've decided I would like a windshield to use about 3 months per year in the winter. Living in Texas, I won't need it year round. It looks like the super atv flip up windshield would work best for me for the following reasons:

Moderately priced
Ability to open for ventilation
Ability to open for visibility if it gets muddy
Ability to open to limit dust in cab

See questions below:

Is it really hard coat scratch resistant (I've read that it may not be)?

Will this solve the problem of water running off the honda top and onto my legs when braking?

Can you easily remove the top section for warmer weather leaving the bottom section installed?

Thanks.

I have this windshield, and have put it through some abuse. IMHO it is the best windshield. Its not perfect, but I wouldn't want any other type. I can open it to keep dust out, or close it in the winter to take the bite off. Or a little open to get dust down but keep wind off. It can be a bear to open and relocate the latch position sometimes, I guess dust or something binds it, but that is only a minor complaint.

Reactions: Hondoman
Swampmonkey

Swampmonkey

Jan 17, 2019
Al
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks, my stock Honda windshield is getting on my nerves. Any discount codes floating around?

Mattdlg

Mattdlg

May 16, 2017
New Mexico
Ownership

1. 1000-5
you can try "SCJ10" today for 10 percent, but it may not work (i just got it off retailmenot). I got my code off the razer forums, lol for like 20 percent? Its been a while, it may have been only 10. Sometimes retailmenot gets the codes right.

Hondoman

Hondoman

Fundamentals are the crutch for the talentless.
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have this windshield, and have put it through some abuse. IMHO it is the best windshield. Its not perfect, but I wouldn't want any other type. I can open it to keep dust out, or close it in the winter to take the bite off. Or a little open to get dust down but keep wind off. It can be a bear to open and relocate the latch position sometimes, I guess dust or something binds it, but that is only a minor complaint.
I purchased it soon after the questions & responses. I love it, one of the best mods so far. I've left it in tact and not had the need to remove the top section. Never added a wind block at the top since I seldom ride on roads.

In over a year it's basically scratch-free. To clean I pressure wash with water only then polish with a microfiber cloth and plexus.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
you can try "SCJ10" today for 10 percent, but it may not work (i just got it off retailmenot). I got my code off the razer forums, lol for like 20 percent? Its been a while, it may have been only 10. Sometimes retailmenot gets the codes right.
It’s no longer valid

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!