P1000 Super ATV Flip Windshield

B

BrotherNov

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2019
Springfield, IL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey guys, just bought a 1000-5 D yesterday. Installed the roof this morning, and now I'm struggling with the SATV Flip. During the entire course of the install things seemed a little off, but the main problem is that the upper-most clamps that attach the upper windshield to the roll cage line up almost perfectly with the clamps that hold the roof on. Did they sell me the wrong windshield, or am I just having a series brain-cramp?

JoeyL

JoeyL

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2020
Houston
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a different roof but same problem. There are a few threads with solutions on the forum.
Like others, I made a bracket to mount the windshield to the mount that was used for the net. Just some angle iron.
You have to bend it a little out past 90 to make it work right.
This mod also solved the rattle I had in the windshield.
272c19b89529c40bcaec6ac58f06c7e2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I have a different roof but same problem. There are a few threads with solutions on the forum.
Like others, I made a bracket to mount the windshield to the mount that was used for the net. Just some angle iron.
You have to bend it a little out past 90 to make it work right.
This mod also solved the rattle I had in the windshield.
View attachment 197947

This above might be the easiest solution.

Anyways. Here is a link from prior discussion.

sek-hunter

sek-hunter

Oct 28, 2013
Do you have the Honda roof? If so, let me know what you do to fix the gap issue between the roof and the windshield. I’ve tried pool noodles and pipe insulation. Still have to cram a towel In there with those to stop the wind. That works ok, till it warms up and you want to open the windshield as it is designed to do. Then you have to rearrange and replace everything. Kinda negates the benefit of the tip out windshield. When it’s closed with nothing to fill the gap, the windshield isn’t much benefit in the cold or rain as water blows in. When it warms up and u want some air, you gotta pull all that junk out. Makes me wonder if I shoulda just got the Honda windshield that matches the contour of the roof.

Reactions: Ultrasonic1
Ultrasonic1

Ultrasonic1

Lifetime Member
Sep 1, 2018
Nomadic
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I used this material with gorilla double sided tape to fill the gap. I copied a template @AZRocks posted. This worked really well, and so far is holding up to trailering at highway speed. I did a pretty poor job getting mine in straight, but the template he made was great.
BFF008CD 46DF 4C4B 8B72 BC37F225D7B5

5F9B84FD BEDA 4CD0 9587 4583298F7FF7

Reactions: TripleB
russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Finally got it. Contrary to the instructions, I installed the clamps to the cage then installed the windshield to the "shocks" or whatever they're called. Thanks!

That's the way I installed mine as well. Much easier.

sek-hunter

sek-hunter

Oct 28, 2013
Gonna give this a shot on the gap tonight or tomorrow. All my materials finally came in. Thanks.

Reactions: russknight
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!