W

Waldo

Mar 11, 2017
Galveston, Tx.
Ownership

1. 500
51ANGGEcsvL SS100
I just bought this
SuperATV 3500 lb. Winch w pioneer 500 mounting plate.
I haven't seen any reviews and I'm hoping I didn't make a bad purchase so question is...Does anybody got any pros and cons on this winch plate combo?

412fXIHy4QL AC UL160 SR160160

Reactions: HP5NC
Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.
Super ATV I'm sure doesn't manufacture their own winches. It should be as good as any of the other affordable winches, which are all Chinese made.

Reactions: Bad_bowtie
W

Waldo

Mar 11, 2017
Galveston, Tx.
Ownership

1. 500
Okay and thanks fo the input you guys.

Here's a lil story.

2 weeks ago I was at deer camp and I took off alone in the late evening to prove to myself I could make it through all the roads and trails to get to the river by myself. Welp, I got stop like a mofo, bad. No winch. Stepped off the bike into knee deep mud that sucked off my shoe and was lost.
So I pulled the rifle off the bike and walked about 5 miles back to camp bare footed. It was dark when I got there.
Let me tell you that deep east texas woods are creepy at night, all manner of critters. Bear, cougar ,bobcat, wild boar, Timber rattlers, deer and sasquatch.

The wife and I hopped on my trusty Foreman (that has a winch) and set out for recovery.
The only thing damaged was my pride.

We had been riding w several other big SXS's all day. Some got stuck and some could not navigate the tight trails without doing 3 point manuevers, etc. Although the Goat is a lil bad ass don't think for one second it can't get stuck.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

Here's a lil story.

2 weeks ago I was at deer camp and I took off alone in the late evening to prove to myself I could make it through all the roads and trails to get to the river by myself. Welp, I got stop like a mofo, bad. No winch. Stepped off the bike into knee deep mud that sucked off my shoe and was lost.
So I pulled the rifle off the bike and walked about 5 miles back to camp bare footed. It was dark when I got there.
Let me tell you that deep east texas woods are creepy at night, all manner of critters. Bear, cougar ,bobcat, wild boar, Timber rattlers, deer and sasquatch.

The wife and I hopped on my trusty Foreman (that has a winch) and set out for recovery.

We had been riding w several other big SXS's all day. Some got stuck and some could not navigate the tight trails without doing 3 point manuevers, etc. Although the Goat is a lil bad ass don't think for one second it can't get stuck.

It's all about getting back and a winch can save your ass or someone else's, good purchase! ;)

J

JTW

Here's a lil story.

Lol.. glad the squatch didn't get ya!

Reactions: Waldo and trigger
H

HP5NC

May 27, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
How is your superatv 3500 winch holding up? I’m looking at it as well as other around the 200 dollar mark. Thanks

advertisement
H

HP5NC

May 27, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
Ive used it alot. Running strong!

How do you have it mounted? I will be using a KFI mount an mounting the winch above the stock bumper or the middle mount depending how you look at it. (Low mount/factory or top the stock bumper or high mount/strong made bumper) I call it a middle mount on top of the stock bumper.

AlR

AlR

Nov 14, 2016
Nanaimo, British Columbia
Ownership

1. 500
How do you have it mounted? I will be using a KFI mount an mounting the winch above the stock bumper or the middle mount depending how you look at it. (Low mount/factory or top the stock bumper or high mount/strong made bumper) I call it a middle mount on top of the stock bumper.
Can reply with pics this aft

Reactions: HP5NC
JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500

That’s why I carry all the self recovery gear on mine..... not skeeert of the dark and it doesn’t bother me... bother me... to spend the night out, IN THE DARK, it’s the Samsquatches!

Good choice, 3500 is a great size.

dls1966

dls1966

Mar 4, 2018
Kawkawlin Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
I picked up a super winch a3500 from tractor supply for 169.oo it came with steel cable but you can get synthetic from the website
I used the superwinch mount I think it was about 50.00 it mounts underneath the bumper
Haven't had any problems with it and I've used it alot
20180901 113053
20180901 113114

H

HP5NC

May 27, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
You might have to ask but the superwinch line is in the same area as the tractor supply line at our local store

I found online at tractor supply. Not in my local store I’d have to make a short drive (40 mins) no big deal there. You said you replaced your wire with synthetic rope? I read something interesting on the Q&A on the website. Said the drum on this A3500 is cast aluminum and such would not support a synthetic rope? That’s interesting. Never heard of that. Didn’t know the drum material mattered I just assumed if one had wire that surely it could take synthetic rope? But what do I know

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!