P1000 SuperATV Windshield/Roof/Rear

bwetzel

bwetzel

Nov 10, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-3
After lots of reading posts on the forum and talking with sales rep at SATV, I pulled the trigger on flip up windshield/clear roof/back windshield to replace OEM one-piece poly windshield and soft top/back. I had installed Siezmik vents in my current windshield to see if I could increase airflow to help with heat and dust but it just wasn’t getting it done.

Has anyone installed these three parts on their buggy? Looking for any hints/tips on if there’s an order of operations that would make things go smoother. If not, I plan on trying to take pics and post results.

Ordered parts this morning and already have a tracking number (SATV’s reputation for speedy shipment is no joke!) so should be able to start the install later this week. Doing a few days riding up at Black River Falls next week so should provide a good test run.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Now that you went with the flip up SATV windshield you should check into the extended position opener that a member on here makes. Search WFOSXS maybe? Someone please correct that if I got it wrong.

EDIT...this is the website, but I can't recall the member's name

EDIT...found him... @clifforeilly

Reactions: Mudwing
bwetzel

bwetzel

Nov 10, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Got my order today just a hair past 48 hours from placing it - tip of the hat (flip of the windshield?) to SATV on their shipping.

Figured I’d throw up a pic or two of current setup minus soft top and doors.

Other than gap between windshield and roof, my other big concern was loss of clearance between roof and ROPS because of gun rack hardware sticking up. I only use it for guns a few times a year but works great for holding my JBL speaker. Not a dealbreaker on the purchase though since I can relocate or make a move on an upgrade to my tunes.

Probably do some dry fitting tonight and make a list of anything I may want to pick up tomorrow after work (weatherstrip/hardware, extra beer, etc.) prior to full install this weekend.

It’ll take a conscious effort for me to stop and take pics during install since I get tunnel vision pretty bad but I’ll try my best. My hope is to give some pointers to anyone thinking of taking same route.
3A3DE781 F80B 4D2F B521 D36F2D04FD85
ED4DBCF9 CAFD 4FF7 942A 2C354CAA39B6

bwetzel

bwetzel

Nov 10, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-3
out of the box the roof had evidence of a scratch. appears to be mostly superficial but definitely into the plastic in the center. box has no damage so happened prior to packing. Not going to send back, this thing won’t get treated well but worth mentioning (talking to you SATV). Store credit is cool...
2E3562D3 2ABE 4AE3 9B73 99A6E10D8360
1602FD26 6BC3 40A8 B6CB 257A3F353AE9

bwetzel

bwetzel

Nov 10, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Got everything installed and as I suspected didn’t take any pictures of the process. But got a few of finished product and pretty happy with it. The lower windshield was probably the most aggravating trying to get a good seal. I ended up using the weather strip from the OEM windshield since it had a little more material to get the job done. Not crazy about how much give is in the center of the lower windshield when latching the upper.

The back was pretty easy to assemble/install, just a lot of nuts and bolts to turn. There’s a few spots that will need sealed up, mainly back upper corners and along the bottom.

Now the roof kind of had me wound up. The scratch I mentioned earlier is hardly noticeable so good news there. It’s got holes that you have to insert grommets in - no biggie but kind of a pain. For the price I’d figure the manufacturer could handle that job. Instructions were a little vague and I put the foam seal down first. What I should have done (and tried to back up to do) was put clamps on ROPS first, dry fit roof to locate them properly, then put foam over the clamps. That way the roof is only contacting the foam and sealed up good. And finally: Phillips bolts??? Every other bolt is a hex but for some reason the roof is Phillips. Not sure if the thought was that hex would hold water? Tightening the roof clamps was only part I needed assistance on because my arms are normal length.

Overall I think it looks pretty sweet. I’ll be putting some miles on it over next week to really get a feel for it. My wife is skeptical, thinks it’s going to be drafty in the winter and I don’t disagree. Fabric top and back did seal up well but I think flip windshield is worth a little extra breeze in the cold.

Parting thought - I need to buy stock in Plexus because this setup is basically a fingerprint lab.
59AE7C53 3783 4897 990F E475B5A21766
4DC8E202 5FEF 4A3F A217 0089853A353B
FDF1F132 BB47 465F 93A2 C9E4B7D13CC5

bwetzel

bwetzel

Nov 10, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Also I had to remove my overhead gun/speaker rack. So I’m brainstorming how I can secure my JBL. I had been using rubber fire extinguisher holders that worked great so looking at relocating those. Have some ideas but open to any suggestions. Eventually looking to hard wire a real stereo setup but that’ll be after a second battery install. Any info on that topic on this forum?

czrider

czrider

Aug 23, 2020
Maryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 500
After lots of reading posts on the forum and talking with sales rep at SATV, I pulled the trigger on flip up windshield/clear roof/back windshield to replace OEM one-piece poly windshield and soft top/back. I had installed Siezmik vents in my current windshield to see if I could increase airflow to help with heat and dust but it just wasn’t getting it done.

Has anyone installed these three parts on their buggy? Looking for any hints/tips on if there’s an order of operations that would make things go smoother. If not, I plan on trying to take pics and post results.

Ordered parts this morning and already have a tracking number (SATV’s reputation for speedy shipment is no joke!) so should be able to start the install later this week. Doing a few days riding up at Black River Falls next week so should provide a good test run.
I ordered my 3 pcs from EMP and 30 days later I still don't have them.

Reactions: Lofar

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!