P1000 Superwinch 45 terra on 17 1000-5D

tnoice

tnoice

Aug 25, 2017
Champaign
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just installed the Moose mount and it is great. Straight pull, steel is thick, and higher in the bumper. I had the KFI mount and the quality was good, but was not only concerned with the angle but it would also collect weeds and other tag alongs. Where it is mounted in the bumper it made it rather difficult to get my hand in and pull them out and clean it up. Could not be happier with the Moose Mount and other then 2 bolts being rather hard to get to, with the right tools it is do-able.

J

Jimmy-AZ

Lifetime Member
May 9, 2017
Gold Canyon, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Two questions, "Moose Mount" is this the EMP mount? If so or not where did you purchase it. I do want the higher mount for a straighter pull also. Thanks

tnoice

tnoice

Aug 25, 2017
Champaign
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Two questions, "Moose Mount" is this the EMP mount? If so or not where did you purchase it. I do want the higher mount for a straighter pull also. Thanks

The Moose mount is made by Moose Utility Division

I purchased it from Dennis Kirk but there could be other places to buy it if they are sold out.

Moose UTV Winch Mount - 4505-0591

A

Apparition

Dec 10, 2017
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Bringing this back up, what are the advantages of the synthetic rope vs. the steel cable?

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Bringing this back up, what are the advantages of the synthetic rope vs. the steel cable?

The biggest advantage is lighter weight and lower stored energy. In the event the cables breaks the synthetic rope will whip less and impact with less force. Synthetic rope also doesn't not have extremely sharp strands as it chafs and wears like steel cable. Synthetic is less prone to kinking but care should still be taken when wrapping it on the drum. Biggest down side of synthetic is the wear when dirt gets embedded in the strands. UV and dirt can break down a rope quickly.

Reactions: JTW and Ragnar406
A

Apparition

Dec 10, 2017
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks!!! In the same thought process, is a second battery a wise decision when running the winch? The vast majority of the time the winch will be used to pick up the snow plow.

I

infernored1000

Jan 10, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good looking clean install. I like the terra series have it on my sportsman and will add one the P5, only issue I ever had with my Superwinch was the free spool knob, seems like it always gets jammed up with mud or dust and became difficult or impossible to turn.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Great looking setup, that shackle looks like a great anchor point for a snatch block. What shackle did you use and how did you mount the fair lead?

It's a 12k 1/2" weld on d-ring.

36926 jpg

Like this
Lashing Rings - Weld On 1/2" x 12,000 Lbs Forged Lashing Ring

Reactions: infernored1000
Alphonse

Alphonse

Sep 10, 2018
LA (Lower Alabama)
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just installed the Moose mount and it is great. Straight pull, steel is thick, and higher in the bumper. I had the KFI mount and the quality was good, but was not only concerned with the angle but it would also collect weeds and other tag alongs. Where it is mounted in the bumper it made it rather difficult to get my hand in and pull them out and clean it up. Could not be happier with the Moose Mount and other then 2 bolts being rather hard to get to, with the right tools it is do-able.
Tnoice, any photos of the Moose Mount plate install with winch on your machine? I am looking for a straight pull install and your post caught my eye. Thanks

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!