BOX1

Suspension Spring Noise Normal??

J

JRZ5072

Aug 26, 2020
PA
Ownership

1. Talon R
Hello Everyone! Brand new to the forum but have been scouring posts for a while now while I was deciding on a machine. Picked up a new 1000R last week and took it on its maiden voyage over the weekend. Absolutely love the machine and it performed as expected.

However after getting it home and cleaning it up I now notice a lot of spring noise when the suspension articulates. It sounds like it is coming from the plastic piece between the two springs almost as if the springs are rotating, binding and then slipping making a “boing” noise (sorry for the childish explanation). Just wanted to know if this normal on these machines or if this is something I should take it back to the dealer for. Honestly, I’m planning to put the Shock Therapy spring kit on it at some point but that’s few months out.

Thank You in advance for your help!

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Its common on almost all dual rate shocks. Do make sure the ends of the springs are 180 degs apart on each side of the plastic separator. That will help keep the separator from wanting to twist on the shock body.

Reactions: Montecresto
J

JRZ5072

Aug 26, 2020
PA
Ownership

1. Talon R
Thanks for the info! I checked and the springs are 180 from each other. Just didn’t want to damage anything.
Its common on almost all dual rate shocks. Do make sure the ends of the springs are 180 degs apart on each side of the plastic separator. That will help keep the separator from wanting to twist on the shock body.
Thanks for the info! I checked and the springs are 180 from each other. Just didn’t want to damage anything.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!