P700 Sway bar removal?

livefromthetree

livefromthetree

It was a damn good ride. Seriously good.
Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2020
Mount Vernon Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I sprayed the tubes up and down with fluid film, like I do with about every hole I find, or make. That is a great thought though, I'm putting them back in as I type... Well actually taking a drink of beer as I type, in between bolts. At this rate I should finish the beer as I tighten the last one😎🍺

Swing down thru south Indiana and unhook mine and I'll buy you a beer too ;)

livefromthetree

livefromthetree

Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2020
Mount Vernon Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
That's just putting the bolts back in the holes. It took a 6pack to get it off🤣 If I were a little closer I definitely would!

Ok I am out. I drink a 6pk way too fast and work too slowly. Prolly take me a solid case and then there's no way it would be right!

I'll look at it and go from there. Probably have my catch all mechanic at the store pull it for me in a few minutes. Heck I paid him $40 to put led lights on my trailer and that was way too much so he owes me :p

livefromthetree

livefromthetree

Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2020
Mount Vernon Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I looked at mine last eve and thought I can do this. So without taking the tires off I broke out a wrench and ratchet and started on one of the links. It broke free, but the damned nut wasn't moving. Then I tried to retighten it and it wouldn't tighten back up. Looking at both sides, it looks like the nut never moved that maybe it's just spinning on the bolt head end although I can't feel it spinning.

See I told yall this was a bad idea 😅 . This can't look any simpler, but yep I gave up. I am gonna run it to the shop and let my do all mechanic snatch it off unless someone can tell me what I should try next to get the bolt out of the link.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I looked at mine last eve and thought I can do this. So without taking the tires off I broke out a wrench and ratchet and started on one of the links. It broke free, but the damned nut wasn't moving. Then I tried to retighten it and it wouldn't tighten back up. Looking at both sides, it looks like the nut never moved that maybe it's just spinning on the bolt head end although I can't feel it spinning.

See I told yall this was a bad idea 😅 . This can't look any simpler, but yep I gave up. I am gonna run it to the shop and let my do all mechanic snatch it off unless someone can tell me what I should try next to get the bolt out of the link.
If your talking about the link out at the end, those spin like a tie rod end. You have to hold the center with a hex bit, or the flats on the back side (next to the rubber boot) with a wrench (preferred). They are locking nuts, so they will have some resistance all the way off.

livefromthetree

livefromthetree

Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2020
Mount Vernon Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
If your talking about the link out at the end, those spin like a tie rod end. You have to hold the center with a hex bit, or the flats on the back side (next to the rubber boot) with a wrench (preferred). They are locking nuts, so they will have some resistance all the way off.

Aha 🤣

livefromthetree

livefromthetree

Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2020
Mount Vernon Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Getcha some of this. Took me about an hour maybe an hour a half. Once I figured out it would be easier to get to the nuts if I raised the bed it went much smoother 🧐.

Thx for the help boys and girls. Much appreciated.

11 days before I load this thing on a trailer and drag it all across the midwest for 8 weeks.

It's almost time!

IMG 20201007 38804
IMG 20201007 38670

livefromthetree

livefromthetree

Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2020
Mount Vernon Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
👍

Bring the links with you, just in case.
Woah slow down. Just in case of what? Other than being hairy in a higher speed turn or curve, what would cause me to want to put them back on?

Reactions: Mudwing
DBD

DBD

Jun 10, 2020
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 700-4
Getcha some of this. Took me about an hour maybe an hour a half. Once I figured out it would be easier to get to the nuts if I raised the bed it went much smoother 🧐.

Thx for the help boys and girls. Much appreciated.

11 days before I load this thing on a trailer and drag it all across the midwest for 8 weeks.

It's almost time!

View attachment 228795View attachment 228796
What tires are those? I like the looks of that tread.

livefromthetree

livefromthetree

Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2020
Mount Vernon Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I was torn between those and the Blackwater Evolutions. I got evolutions 28×10-12. I love them but now seeing the tread depth on those... How's the mud/snow with those? What size? Are those commander shocks?
Mine are 27" on factory tires and shocks. Havent had them in snow and dont do any heavy mud. There's a few guys on here that have posted about plowing snow without issue though.

Hickstrong

Hickstrong

Aug 19, 2019
Pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
How does it ride with the sway bar off over rocks? I about rolled mine on its side over the past weekend. Spacer lift and rocky trail dont mix. just put on 2 front commander shocks and I'm gonna remove the sway bar tonight when I switch the 2 back shocks. Also is the body roll now noticeable on flat ground around turns?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!