Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
The LE is painted plastic (same as the SE Rubicon), all the others are just molded in color.

This shocked me when I heard it. And on top of paint it's flat which you wash enough becomes not flat. I've had people through the shop want flat cars and the upkeep is impossible. There are going to be a lot of people very dissatisfied with the finish down the road unless it's being used for cute applications. My suggestion would be pick a set of plastics you like the color on other than flat and replace them off the bat.
I painted a lot on mine but it's with a much more durable paint and anything down low is protected. Just got a new decals for the side of mine and they didn't look good against the old plastic so I'm ordering new plastics because I'm not about to put paint on the sides on my machine and I'm a painter. This is stupid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.
This shocked me when I heard it. And on top of paint it's flat which you wash enough becomes not flat. I've had people through the shop want flat cars and the upkeep is impossible. There are going to be a lot of people very dissatisfied with the finish down the road unless it's being used for cute applications. My suggestion would be pick a set of plastics you like the color on other than flat and replace them off the bat.
I painted a lot on mine but it's with a much more durable paint and anything down low is protected. Just got a new decals for the side of mine and they didn't look good against the old plastic so I'm ordering new plastics because I'm not about to put paint on the sides on my machine and I'm a painter. This is stupid

I agree, people think it looks so cool, but once they discover how fussy you have to be with it they'll be disappointed. I think if I had one, I'd knock those matte panels down and spray them with full gloss clear. But for people that can't do their own paint work, that's definitely not cost effective.

J

JTW

I agree, people think it looks so cool, but once they discover how fussy you have to be with it they'll be disappointed. I think if I had one, I'd knock those matte panels down and spray them with full gloss clear. But for people that can't do their own paint work, that's definitely not cost effective.
Yours would just sit in storage anyway! Lol

N

NorthPioneer

Jan 26, 2017
CA
Dropped by my local dealer today to get some oil and they had a sweet P1K-5 deluxe sitting out front that same grey color..... sweet rig. I almost fell down when I looked at the price, it was over 25K (canadian) and where I live the sales tax is 15% on top of that. That dealer charges another 1100 bucks for freight and pdi. So out the door that machine is 30K. It looked like it was stock (No roof, no windshield) but it could have had upgraded wheels or a few other things I didn't really notice.

I think I will keep my P7-4 for a while lol.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Dropped by my local dealer today to get some oil and they had a sweet P1K-5 deluxe sitting out front that same grey color..... sweet rig. I almost fell down when I looked at the price, it was over 25K (canadian) and where I live the sales tax is 15% on top of that. That dealer charges another 1100 bucks for freight and pdi. So out the door that machine is 30K. It looked like it was stock (No roof, no windshield) but it could have had upgraded wheels or a few other things I didn't really notice.

Wow! that same machine is sold here for about $14,300 USD OTD.

Reactions: sharp
ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC

That's probably the LE but I had a gag reflex when I read that.

SikorskyGramps

SikorskyGramps

Jan 30, 2017
Castlegar, B.C.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would too Ghost with that price. North Pioneer $30K CDN is nuts!! I paid $22,500 CDN or $16,666 USD out the door for a 2017 P1000-5 Deluxe with the factory roof installed and the factory Warn Provantage 4500 winch in a box for me to install. My son has purchased four new Honda dirtbikes and a new Honda Rubicon Quad over the years so I'm sure I got a bit of a break. Still, there's no way there's a $10K difference between dealers. If you're in Western Canada I'd strongly suggest you drop by RTR performance in Kamloops, B.C. and speak to Paul.

Cheers,

SikorskyGramps

N

NorthPioneer

Jan 26, 2017
CA
I would too Ghost with that price. North Pioneer $30K CDN is nuts!! I paid $22,500 CDN or $16,666 USD out the door for a 2017 P1000-5 Deluxe with the factory roof installed and the factory Warn Provantage 4500 winch in a box for me to install. My son has purchased four new Honda dirtbikes and a new Honda Rubicon Quad over the years so I'm sure I got a bit of a break. Still, there's no way there's a $10K difference between dealers. If you're in Western Canada I'd strongly suggest you drop by RTR performance in Kamloops, B.C. and speak to Paul.

Cheers,

SikorskyGramps
I am sure it was the LE model but like I said it looked pretty "stock" as far as added accessories are concerned. I had to look twice at the price card hanging on it. I am going to stop by again and see what the specs are. I just bought my 700 so I'm not in the market to upgrade for at least 2 years anyway but I was blown away. my local dealer here in new Brunswick is known to be pricey anyway, I went out of town to another city to buy my P7.

Sent from my SM-G850W using Tapatalk

Reactions: ghost
R

RCorley

Feb 27, 2017
Globe, Az
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
chadbo, Question re: your photos. . . in the second photo are we looking at a 1000-5 LE with the back part of the roll bar removed? Drove a friend's the other day. He mentioned that you could put a P1K-3 hard top on a P1K-5 with the back part unbolted/removed.

Reactions: chadbo
ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC

Cheers,

SikorskyGramps
Good to know - I'll check them out.

chadbo

chadbo

Mama tried
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2015
Seminary , Ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
chadbo, Question re: your photos. . . in the second photo are we looking at a 1000-5 LE with the back part of the roll bar removed? Drove a friend's the other day. He mentioned that you could put a P1K-3 hard top on a P1K-5 with the back part unbolted/removed.
It was one of each there... people have been putting 3 seater roofs on the 5

Reactions: CumminsPusher
SikorskyGramps

SikorskyGramps

Jan 30, 2017
Castlegar, B.C.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good to know - I'll check them out.

Ghost, my son said they have been nothing but top notch for his Family over the years. They started my Grandson on a new CRF50F at 5 years old and have moved him through the CRF110F and CRF125F. My Daughter Inlaw was riding a CRF125FB and a CRF150R and has just traded in for a 2016 Honda Rubicon DCT. My son is on a 2009 CRF450R. Other than the wrong storage cover for my Pioneer, I have zero complaints. RTR's prices for us Canadians were pretty damn good compared to everyone I looked at. Paul Beauchense was the salesman I dealt with. Nothing but good things to say about this guy!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Ghost, my son said they have been nothing but top notch for his Family over the years. They started my Grandson on a new CRF50F at 5 years old and have moved him through the CRF110F and CRF125F. My Daughter Inlaw was riding a CRF125FB and a CRF150R and has just traded in for a 2016 Honda Rubicon DCT. My son is on a 2009 CRF450R. Other than the wrong storage cover for my Pioneer, I have zero complaints. RTR's prices for us Canadians were pretty damn good compared to everyone I looked at. Paul Beauchense was the salesman I dealt with. Nothing but good things to say about this guy!

Sounds like they grew up right.

Reactions: SikorskyGramps
Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.

You can install the 3 seater hard top on the 5 seater by cutting notches in the rear corners to go around the bars.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
J

Jshell3

Ooh ooh. I seen one today!
I studied it for a second, anyways.
IMG 4913
IMG 4914
IMG 4916
IMG 4917
IMG 4918

$23,k!?!

• Digging the painted color
  • The A Arm Guards are razor thin aluminum. (Not good)
  • The front bumper looks better than the Deluxe.
  • The wheels... I like about the same as deluxe.
  • Fox Shocks!!!
  • I-4wd
  • Underdash Storage
  • Hill Lock dash toggle.
  • Same Big Horn 2.0's as deluxe

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Hondasxs and chadbo

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!