Ownership

1. 1000-5
Amre2me2

Amre2me2

Aug 11, 2016
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm going to be buying another P1K3 this fall. Phasing out the Rangers for the Pioneers. I've looked at Hondas website and can't see why the LE is so much more. Looks like you get fancy wheels and Fox shocks. I use these strictly for utility, I could care less if they look pretty so I don't care what the wheels look like. So what else does the LE come with other then a 4K dollar additional price tag? I like the shocks but from what I've read, I can put those on for about $1200.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Saw one of these in person myself today
Pulled up the seat. Only difference I saw was a storage space under there and the seat really doesn't seem to be much thicker. Pulled the hood too and it looked the same under there too. But those fox shocks are pretty sweet!
I noticed the seat did not look much thicker if thicker at all when I looked at one - i did like the color panels in flat - thought they looked sharp. I had to sit in it as I wondered if the storage would cramp leag room at all but it was fine for me.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Intelligent 4WD, first on a SXS

Basically if it's in 4WD it can tell if it needs to be open diff or locked , (EDIT Electronic brake force distribution, electronic torque biasing differential and hill start assist.)

I liked the idea but I picked up a discounted 16 Deluxe. Vs paying MSRP for the LE. They'll drop next year but I wanted one now and couldn't justify a $7k difference. If I was going to spend 7k more I'd buy a P500 too.

Last edited:
J

JTW

And shocks are running $1400..
I'm with ohanacreek.. i waited to see what the 17's had to offer and it just wasn't worth it to me. I do think the LE comes with Honda aluminum skid plate and a arm guards and the Honda brush guard bumper. I added that stuff aftermarket to mine with better skids and guards and the Honda brush bumper for $1000. And hoesntly.. I did not want the I4Wd system. I do want the shocks though! So I bought a 16 for 15,500 with a roof.. and did it my way.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Yep i4wd isnt going to be a big seller. Except to the white collar crowd witch this is designed for. Since they are familiar with it with the bmw and Mercedes crowd

I for one don't want extra electrics controlling all that. We shift on the fly no issues there. It'll help move the Polaris group over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
And shocks are running $1400..
I'm with ohanacreek.. i waited to see what the 17's had to offer and it just wasn't worth it to me. I do think the LE comes with Honda aluminum skid plate and a arm guards and the Honda brush guard bumper. I added that stuff aftermarket to mine with better skids and guards and the Honda brush bumper for $1000. And hoesntly.. I did not want the I4Wd system. I do want the shocks though! So I bought a 16 for 15,500 with a roof.. and did it my way.

It was worth it, just couldn't justify $7500 extra at MSRP.

Shocks $1400
Winch mount wiring $200
A-arm /Skid. $500
Bumper $300
$1600 I-4WD

All adds to 4K

Wouldn't be bad but the 16's were discounted @3500

I'm adding the shocks and I have everything else except a-arm guards.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yep i4wd isnt going to be a big seller. Except to the white collar crowd witch this is designed for. Since they are familiar with it with the bmw and Mercedes crowd

The Honda and Acura autos have it, both are far more affordable than a Merc/BMW/Lexus etc. better too

Powersports are big for some families. Don't have to be white collar to concentrate your money somewhere.

J

JTW

It was worth it, just couldn't justify $7500 extra at MSRP.

Shocks $1400
Winch mount wiring $200
A-arm /Skid. $500
Bumper $300
$1600 I-4WD

All adds to 4K

Wouldn't be bad but the 16's were discounted @3500

I'm adding the shocks and I have everything else except a-arm guards.
Meeeh, it all adds up but if you don't want the i4wd you can get better aftermarket stuff for the same or less money. If they'd offered the shocks on the standard deluxe then I may have waited but after the delay after delay on the p5 I wasn't going to take the chance of not having it by takeover. You're right about the MSRP not being justifiable. And it's just too early to get any kind of deal on them.

Reactions: Delton
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Exactly I would've used the Alum as a backer for UHMW skids or sold them. Hassle but someone would rather have metal than plastic.

Reactions: Delton and JTW
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I like my aluminum skids but they're full belly.. to add the side pieces to the Honda is another $300. Uggh, this all reminds me of how much I have in this thing!

I'm not adding it up. I just paid the credit card bill and didn't want to know how much of it was Pioneer parts. Semi-Plausible deniability.

J

JTW

Really like the dark color but the plastic is priced like camo
Correct me if I'm wrong but the new dark color is the same as the 16 only the finish is different, I believe.. pretty sure a 16 like mine is 200-250 for plastic. You're saying the new finish is plastic is that much more?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!