P500 Switch plow from bottom to front mount ?

snide686

snide686

Oct 12, 2015
IOWA
Ok I'm old , fat and have a bad back . Thought I could live with the underside Moose plow and mounting system and would like to know if anyone has converted theirs to front mount ? Don't get me wrong it works great but I was spoiled for years using the Polaris quick mount. Not to mention it's impossible to load on trailer with current configuration. I scoured Moose website and Googled with no luck.....

JollyJoker

JollyJoker

Jan 19, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 500
Ok I'm old , fat and have a bad back . Thought I could live with the underside Moose plow and mounting system and would like to know if anyone has converted theirs to front mount ? Don't get me wrong it works great but I was spoiled for years using the Polaris quick mount. Not to mention it's impossible to load on trailer with current configuration. I scoured Moose website and Googled with no luck.....

I had a Moose undermount plow on my last 4-wheeler (sportsman 500) and last winter I put on a American Eagle hydro turn 66" front mount plow on my P500. My bad back has thanked me for this change. I store the plow on a 4-wheel dolly so putting it on and off only takes less than 60 seconds. I don't think you would be able to use the same push tubes (they would be too long) for a front mount so by the time you buy new push tubes and a mount you have 1/2 the price of a new set up. Good luck.

Last edited:
Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
I too ran the moose setup, only because my salesman promised the front mount when parts weren't available. I did eventually get it swapped out for the eagle plow front mount setup and it is waaaayy better. First time I was it the woods with the moose I got hung up within five min on the flange that hangs down..called my dealer and dealt directly with the parts manager who agreed it was a poor design and got it sorted out for me. And yes the push tube will need to change as well as the mount, but it is a far superior setup in my opinion. Gives way more clearance in blade height and also no loss in ground clearance underneath.

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
Hey jolly, I see you are also from mn. Whereabouts? I haven't run into any other p500 owners yet, though I haven't done a ton of trail riding either

JollyJoker

JollyJoker

Jan 19, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 500
Shadesmn, I am west of Annandale on a lake. I use my p500 mostly for plowing and to go out ice fishing in the winter. I don't trail ride, just run around the neighborhood and put in/pullout docks and lifts with it in the summer.

Reactions: Shadesmn
Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
Shadesmn, I am west of Annandale on a lake. I use my p500 mostly for plowing and to go out ice fishing in the winter. I don't trail ride, just run around the neighborhood and put in/pullout docks and lifts with it in the summer.
Thats cool. I have some friends out in buffalo so not too far from you there

Reactions: JollyJoker
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Interesting thread, I have a Polaris 400 underside plow A frame type mount and was wondering about using the blade on my P 500 with a different mount. Have access to welder.

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
Interesting thread, I have a Polaris 400 underside plow A frame type mount and was wondering about using the blade on my P 500 with a different mount. Have access to welder.
Depending on your creative ability with the welder you might be able to mod the one you have...assuming you can figure the mount part out, the only other thing to consider or worry about is if the bkade you have is going to be wide enough to suit your needs on a wider machine. 60" is wide enough to clear 53-54" path at full angle which is just wider than a p500 in stock form. If you run anything bigger or wider you run the risk of tracking over unlceared snow while you work on every pass...

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Finally removed old Polaris underside plow mount and looks like it can be front mounted on P500 with minimal mods. Anyone tried something like it with success. Blade may be a little narrow for P500, but maybe a good garage project.

H

HondaTech

Moose makes the Rapid Mount system, you would need the RM mount and the RM plow attachment. You should be able to reuse your old blade and the push tubes would be obsolete.

The RM mount bolts to the blade in the same fashion as the push tubes then has a quick release to take if off the unit.

Reactions: Mudder
JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
I put KFI winch mount and front plow mount on my P5 (along with 66” wide KFI blade). Top drawer product, tough, very strong, relatively easy to attach. This little booger will push snow, I thought it’d be on the toy end of the spectrum, but I was so wrong. And it’s made in the USA, great product I’d buy again in a heart beat.

jrc

Reactions: trigger

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!