Talon Switch to fit cutout next to headlights switch

jonathannook

jonathannook

Oct 7, 2019
Quartzsite AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R
Does anyone know of a switch that fits the larger 2.25" removable opening next to the normal headlight switch? Most rocker switches I'm finding are made for a smaller opening, but Honda's obviously used much larger switches. Thanks!

W

Wigglysqiggly

May 8, 2019
Phoenix
Ownership

1. Talon X
I just cut it to retro fit the switch

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I have searched high and low.
I can not find switches this size.
Someone had a insert that "kinda" fit. It was somewhat loose but held.
Others have drimealed out a hole to fit the carling switches. That looked good.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: BWAF and ohanacreek
jonathannook

jonathannook

Oct 7, 2019
Quartzsite AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R
I just cut it to retro fit the switch
No cutting necessary. The space next to the headlight switch is a popout, which when removed leaves a rectangle/hole the same size as the rest of the Talon switches, so basically I need a switch that's the same 2.25" as those other switches. Thanks.

Reactions: BWAF
Ddoggy

Ddoggy

Supporting Member
Nov 9, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Talon R
No cutting necessary. The space next to the headlight switch is a popout, which when removed leaves a rectangle/hole the same size as the rest of the Talon switches, so basically I need a switch that's the same 2.25" as those other switches. Thanks.

I think they May have meant they cut out the blank you removed to fit the smaller switch ...like a dbl plate so to speak...I am looking at the same issue...really want my Warn Factory switch in that spot...be surgical cutting on the back of the blank, but with a lil black rtv, probably sound and doable...ordered this for a possible filler plate to check out before I play operation tho lol
...$7 was worth a try to see if more friendly for install🤷🏼‍♂️

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Here is a Talon specific switch adapter that does exactly what you need...

Reactions: BWAF and CID
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Here is a Talon specific switch adapter that does exactly what you need...

Reading the description of that switch, I learned that I could remove the steering column cover with 4 push pins for easier access to the back side. That would have helped a lot when I installed a toggle switch for my VM. I struggled trying to access the back side with the hood cowl removed.

Reactions: BWAF and PaulF
M

Mastabeta1

Oct 9, 2018
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Other Brand

4. Talon R
I ordered this switch adapter from honda sxs also I ordered the wire harness for he sport mode rocker switch and an oem sport mode switch to see if I can make it work for my winch as it is a rocker also and looks the same as the others do. Haven't got any of it yet.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!