P1000 Synthetic Winch Cable vs Syn Plow Cable

S

Scuba0331

Jul 17, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello, I am installing a Denali Pro Plow. I am using a Viper Elite with synthetic cable and a plow roller. Is it necessary to use the 12' synthetic plow line that came with the plow roller in replace of the synthetic winch cable? If the winch cable is used does the nylon protective sleeve at the end of the winch cable need to be removed?
Thanks!

Reactions: sharp and BWAF
OnTheJob

OnTheJob

Dec 29, 2017
Bristol, NY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have the same set up. I went with the shorter one because I believe they are looking to reduce wear your long main line because it's a lot of in and out in just a short section. Yeah It's a little bit of a PIA to swap them out and if you need to winch yourself out to swap them back to the long one, including the pulley fairlead. I'll try it out this way this winter and see how it goes.

S

Scuba0331

Jul 17, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Update: I received an email from the MotoAlliance tech team. I was told since I am using the plow roller I could utilize the winch cable. I was told push the abrasion sleeve into the winch 5-6 feet so it would not interfere with the rollers.

Hope this helps!

Thanks

Reactions: sharp and MMW
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
One thing I have done and it seems to work very well, is use a piece of 2" tow strap from harbor freight to lift the plow. I leave my full length synthetic line on the drum, remove the thimble and hook, then slip a 6 foot piece of the strap through the eyelet. The flat doesn't mind the angle of the pull and doesn't rats nest if you let too much line out. I've been using it for 2 years now with no problems and if I do need the extra lenght, I just pull it off and use the line underneath. One thing is you need to make sure you have enough room on your drum, but a couple of wraps of the strap doesn't take up much room.

OnTheJob

OnTheJob

Dec 29, 2017
Bristol, NY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Short line with the pulley:

Ae778c03 7f82 4f5a 8c3b ee11dc897eb0 jpeg

Reactions: Scuba0331 and BWAF

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!