elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I was 990. Rode there in 1999 in a Jeep with SFWDA. Damned near tested my full cage on that ride.

I am not sure of how much of North Cumberland is actually owned by the State of TN and how much is owned by investors in timberland (TIMOS and REITS). Almost all of the commercial / industrial forestland in the US (think of what we used to call paper company land) is now owned by specialized investors. For a long time, CALPERS (the California retirement / pension program) was one of the largest landowners in the US).

Reactions: JACKAL and sharp
DPort

DPort

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2017
Lincoln, ME
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Signed it. We have a lot of areas in Maine to ride, but you never have enough. It is a shame to lose any of them!

Reactions: JACKAL and sharp
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
From what I can tell researching this, Tennessee is making budgetary cuts, and this is a lease of private land that they aren't going to renew. It's certainly worth signing this petition though.

TimberBull

TimberBull

Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2017
Deer Lodge, TN
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. 1000-3

3. Big Red
The club has never been to Tackett Creek. But we have riders who have and we are hoping to plan a trip for 2018. TN is wanting to release this land from the North Cumberland Wildlife Managemt Area. If this happens it will become private land and most likely off limits.

Please take a few moments and sign the petition. You are NOT required to donate anything.
They have 935.. Need 1000.

Save TACKETT CREEK

Thanks.

Pictures from Tackett Creek..

View attachment 50900 View attachment 50901 View attachment 50902

Done. Another place nearby. Never ridden it.

Reactions: sharp and JACKAL
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Want to resurrect this and ask if anyone knows what the outcome was?

Reactions: sharp
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
They got 3x the signatures needed, but have not heard if TWRA will continue leasing the area after the 5 year contract is up.

I see TWRA officers all around since I live there, I will ask next time I run into one at the truck stops etc.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

As a final follow up to this thread, just 2 days ago 100,000 acres was acquired by State of TN , this included the 42,000 acres Tackett creek area and continuing east and north even into KY. As it is, it will be managed by TWRA (in TN at least) and all of the existing trails will remain open. This news just broke about 48 hours ago. In the picture below the green is TWRA land, the red is the newly acquired land, of which the bottom left ( southwest) portion is Tackett creek.

The yellow circle is the Sundquist unit where we hold our Pioneer Takeover at Ride Royal Blue.
20190422 182153

News Story link:
Earth Day: Conservation group secures 100,000 acres of Cumberland Forest mountains in TN, KY

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As a final follow up to this thread, just 2 days ago 100,000 acres was acquired by State of TN , this included the 42,000 acres Tackett creek area and continuing east and north even into KY. As it is, it will be managed by TWRA (in TN at least) and all of the existing trails will remain open. This news just broke about 48 hours ago. In the picture below the green is TWRA land, the red is the newly acquired land, of which the bottom left ( southwest) portion is Tackett creek.

The yellow circle is the Sundquist unit where we hold our Pioneer Takeover at Ride Royal Blue.
View attachment 124918

News Story link:
Earth Day: Conservation group secures 100,000 acres of Cumberland Forest mountains in TN, KY
Wow not often land aquirement ends in good news for offroaders. That is awesome news. I know Chris Hyde has been in contact with them. Thanks for update Jackal

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4

View attachment 124918

News Story link:
Wow!! What a happy ending to that op. Great news. :cool:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!