Tail gate drop down

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
How's the drop down on your tailgate. Mine drops down only so far,it's as if the cables are to short.I'am used too the tailgate sitting flat with the box.On my Pioneer it's sloped upwards so just wondering how others are like.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
User winnscollision posted this picture some time ago. He was worried the bed extender would not fit because of the lift.

IMG 1984 zps8be656f2

TandT

TandT

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2013
Newark, Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
I really do not know the reason for it to be this way. Does anyone know??

F

foggy

Sep 13, 2013
TandT said:

Dunno either. It's really a useless position IMO. Prevents me from using it for a sprayer or a seeder. If they don't want us to put weight on it….then it should be easily removable. Makes no sense IMO.

F

foggy

Sep 13, 2013
foggy said:
TandT said:

Dunno either. It's really a useless position IMO. Prevents me from using it for a sprayer or a seeder. If they don't want us to put weight on it….then it should be easily removable. Makes no sense IMO.
This is supposed to be a UTILITY vehicle….and this takes some of the "utility" out of the game for me.

I

illuminati

Nov 9, 2013
Mine is the same way.. My only guess is when dumping the bed to deflect any debris away from the machine or Honda just botched it.. but I don't care that much it doesn't bother me

B

b4hntn

Lifetime Member
Oct 14, 2013
texashuntinglease.com
slowdryrider said:
How's the drop down on your tailgate. Mine drops down only so far,it's as if the cables are to short.I'am used too the tailgate sitting flat with the box.On my Pioneer it's sloped upwards so just wondering how others are like.

Mine is the same ...sloped upward. Preventing tailgating by big guys?

advertisement
TandT

TandT

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2013
Newark, Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
rellison110 , So what is your last 4 of the vin. I wonder if Honda just figured this out added to the cables. If so sounds like we need to be talking with our dealers to see if Honda will replace the cables to make them lay flat.

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
TandT said:
rellison110 , So I wonder if Honda just figured this out added to the cables. If so sounds like we need to be talking with our dealers to see if Honda will replace the cables to make them lay flat.

That has me wondering as well,I'd sure like to open mine and it lay flat.My dog doesn't like,getting in or out because of the way it sit's .

TandT

TandT

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2013
Newark, Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
OK, I called Honda Co support in Ca. Talked with Carlos. He checked and said that the tailgate should lay flat in the open position and that they have not heard anything about it not laying flat. He said for me to talk with my dealer either take it by so they can see it or take pictures and let them do what they need to do, If I don't get any satisfaction to call them back and they will see what can be done. I told him that it looks like the cables just isn't long enough. So anyone that their tailgate does not lay flat. Please talk with their Dealership and let them know.

TandT

TandT

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2013
Newark, Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
Can anyone that their tailgate lays down flat. Can you Please measure your cable length and post back. Thanks.

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
Guess I'd better talk to my dealer to see what they have to say.Thanks for the heads up on this.

TandT

TandT

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2013
Newark, Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
Can someone get me the measurements of their cables that their tailgate lays flat. PLEASE

L

lviolette123

Jan 14, 2014
I talked to the dealer about it and he didn't have a ansewer I don't like it

TandT

TandT

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2013
Newark, Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
If everyone talks to their dealer about this, It sounds like Honda will make it right. I just need the measurements to be sure the cables are just too short on the first Pioneers out,

B

b4hntn

Lifetime Member
Oct 14, 2013
texashuntinglease.com
I went to the dealer for the 20 hour service plus warranty.
Tailgate, added some washers and it is better, not level
Drybox...wasn't. They removed seal and added some weather strip adhesive to bring it out some and said it is fixed.
Frame caps. Used weather strip adhesive to hold the four rectangular ones. Said p4 does not come with ones by the hitch. Showed me a Big Red that has round caps by the hitch but does not know why p4 has none.
Did the 20 hour service
$428.00....Ouch!!!!
Next service at 100 hours is oil and filter. Guess who is going to do it?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
b4hntn said:
Drybox...wasn't. They removed seal and added some weather strip adhesive to bring it out some and said it is fixed.
Sorry,
I do not know what you mean here?
You talking about the glove box?

advertisement