DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I don't think any of them lie flat. With all due respect, i doubt rellisons' does either.

The Honda rep told you what you wanted to hear. There is no way this many machines escaped from Honda with the wrong parts. They intended it that way.

If there is enough complaining, they may issue updated cables. If not, the after market will soon take care of it.

EDIT: .09 seconds into this video from HONDA, the tailgate is not lying flat...

fishin2Dmax

fishin2Dmax

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2013
Utah
As I looked at the video at time stamp 0:36 and again at 1:30, (paused video) the tail gate looks very close to flat and a whole lot flatter than my gate when opened?

It does make me wonder why Honda shortened the cables to keep the gate from opening a full 90 degrees ? It's not a big deal, but it is an annoyance - something that Honda should fix.

fishin2Dmax

fishin2Dmax

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2013
Utah
Here is another video link http://hondasxs.com/photo-and-video-f44/new-honda-pioneer-video-review-t454.html that clearly shows a new Honda P4 tailgate fully open (at timestamp 2:20) not quite flat, but very close. My gate doesn't lay this flat - opens to about 10 degrees from level? Makes me continue to wonder why some gates look like they open very close to laying flat and others have a definite slope and not even close to laying flat? In all cases, none of the Pioneer tailgates look to open perfectly flat :| .

B

b4hntn

Lifetime Member
Oct 14, 2013
texashuntinglease.com
Hondasxs said:
b4hntn said:
Drybox...wasn't. They removed seal and added some weather strip adhesive to bring it out some and said it is fixed.
Sorry,
I do not know what you mean here?
You talking about the glove box?

Yes, Glove box. Someone called it a dry box.....

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
fishin2Dmax said:
Here is another video link http://hondasxs.com/photo-and-video-f44/new-honda-pioneer-video-review-t454.html that clearly shows a new Honda P4 tailgate fully open (at timestamp 2:20) not quite flat, but very close. My gate doesn't lay this flat - opens to about 10 degrees from level? Makes me continue to wonder why some gates look like they open very close to laying flat and others have a definite slope and not even close to laying flat? In all cases, none of the Pioneer tailgates look to open perfectly flat :| .

Going to guess that it could be the angle the video is taken from. The perspective can have an effect on our perception of an image. Could also be the lens used if it has any degree of fisheye (like a gopro) it could actually change the angle of the tailgate by distorting the image.

That said mines not flat. It is annoying.

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
I posted in another topic about a simple mod to make mine lay flat. I cut a 3/4" by 1/8" steel flat bar to the length of 1 1/2" long marked and drilled two 1/4" holes 1" apart. I then mounted the piece to where the cable mounts onto the tailgate and mounted the cable to the other end.Now my tailgate lays flat. { My dog likes it way better this way} so do I .LOL

TandT

TandT

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2013
Newark, Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
What I was told by the Honda Rep is no one is complaining about it, so if everyone starts complaining than Honda will do something. it. The dealer rec'd a new P4 the other day (of coarse it's SOLD already) and I checked it and the tail gate looks just like mine. DOES NOT LAY FLAT. So Guy's/Gal's Start calling your dealer and start COMPLAINING ABOUT YOUR TAIL GATE, so Honda will do something about it. Thanks.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!