Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
My only real b**** about the creek is it took my skid plate with built in blue rock lights. That took a bit. Don't mind the dents but that did piss me off!

J

JTW

My nose was down too I know what you mean!
Out of curiosity what's your take on the ride quality and overall feel now with just the lift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Didn't get but just up the street and around the yard.. I didn't want to get it muddy incase my other parts come in.

But from what I can tell.. I think I'm going to like it better. It's noticeably stiffer and feels waaaay higher! I should probably take off the sway bar as it does feel a bit "stiff" on an off camber situation. Pulled one wheel up on a dirt pile and it didn't articulate the way I wanted or expected. It was very ridged

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I run down the creek like a boss with my feet on the desk!
Why none of you "country folk" wear cowboy boots is beyond me! Hell my feet were in water all that run through the creek and I was never wet.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Didn't get but just up the street and around the yard.. I didn't want to get it muddy incase my other parts come in.

But from what I can tell.. I think I'm going to like it better. It's noticeably stiffer and feels waaaay higher! I should probably take off the sway bar as it does feel a bit "stiff" on an off camber situation. Pulled one wheel up on a dirt pile and it didn't articulate the way I wanted or expected. It was very ridged
Surprisingly it seemed to handle much better. Get rid of that sway bar and just get use to it. People fight that one but if you do off road it's just crap

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
We do.. but they're our dress wear!

That same set of boots is for dress,work and play lol. How you saw me is dressed up for work ready to play. I don't change. I wore my old boots and jeans for my wedding. But I was forced to wear a clean shirt.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I went through a creek, shortly after the smaller waterfall. But after 20-40 feet I was like, "Nope".
I could imagine rocks gouging my Aluminum, rolling wire spirals and corkscrews.

It did! Traversing rocks you can't see seems to be hard on stuff but sure worth it.

ShearerPerformance

ShearerPerformance

Vendor
Jan 26, 2017
Space Coast FL
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-3
I bet there won't be as many follow me up the creek again next year! I bet y'all are hating me now.

Of coarse, it does mean upgrades! You should thank me!

I'll be there! My entire crew agrees that the creek ride was the most fun of the weekend. We don't get to do stuff like that in FL.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I really like it! It doesn't provide complete protection, but does provide some shade! It is a low cost alternative to some of the products out there costing more than twice as much!
@Eltobgi - I like the cost of these over the Pk1-5 specific ones I have seen. I cant see from the picture but what model is your new one and how is the gap between the ROPs and the start of the screen?

Reactions: DGann
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!