Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I just got home from a 4800 run after leaving Monday going to Fountain Valley CA and back to TN, missed a lot of posts while driving every day this past week.

There have been a lot of good things said that I will try not to repeat. I was able to ride with one of the p500 rides.
There where a few in @JACKAL group that had very limited trail experience.
I think this whole event (ride) was really eye opening for them.
That is, in my humble opinion, the real benefit of this whole endeavour.
Yes for many of us trail riding is old hat.
But to get a new guy (and his wife) hooked is what make the sport grow.
I remember a few years ago when @Tramguage1 showed up for the first time, lots of enthusiasm and one of the few roll overs (on video).
Now he is a regular and dare I say a ringleader in this s*** show.

This was much of the point I was trying to convey. As we grow their will likely be 15-20% of people show that have never ridden anything like this at RRB. To quote two of the P500 couples in our group ride after taking them up trail 31 in 1st gear, "We would have never tried that on our own, that was great!" That in a nutshell what will solidify the future of our success as an event. They could not believe the capabilities of their Honda Pioneers.

I will repeat from my original post on this thread, almost every one of you have not ridden 70% of the trails available. Thanks to the maps now the New River Unit and Tackett Creek Unit offer up whole new challenges for the been there done that got the T Shirt crowd. The only limitation is the members desire to spread out.

Note these other trails get less than 15% of the traffic and are not rutted up and wollered out by jeeps.

I look forward to seeing this event grow and introduce NEW people to what there is to offer in the area. I don't mind taking people around to places that are new to them, but have been to a dozen times now. Its about showing the guests a good time.

This doesn't mean we can't have regional events every year around the country but it takes the involvement of people locally in those areas, so you want us to come to you we need a personal involvement of several dozen hours of your time to work out logistics.

Lodging/ Camping options
Permits / Fees
Special Requirements
How many can it accommodate
How big an area
Are there maps / GPS files
Availability of food & fuel
There are just the big 7 things needed to know prior to planning and how much personal involvement will you as a member have in helping a local event suceed?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I just got home from a 4800 run after leaving Monday going to Fountain Valley CA and back to TN, missed a lot of posts while driving every day this past week.

This was much of the point I was trying to convey. As we grow their will likely be 15-20% of people show that have never ridden anything like this at RRB. To quote two of the P500 couples in our group ride after taking them up trail 31 in 1st gear, "We would have never tried that on our own, that was great!" That in a nutshell what will solidify the future of our success as an event. They could not believe the capabilities of their Honda Pioneers.

I will repeat from my original post on this thread, almost every one of you have not ridden 70% of the trails available. Thanks to the maps now the New River Unit and Tackett Creek Unit offer up whole new challenges for the been there done that got the T Shirt crowd. The only limitation is the members desire to spread out.

Note these other trails get less than 15% of the traffic and are not rutted up and wollered out by jeeps.

I look forward to seeing this event grow and introduce NEW people to what there is to offer in the area. I don't mind taking people around to places that are new to them, but have been to a dozen times now. Its about showing the guests a good time.

This doesn't mean we can't have regional events every year around the country but it takes the involvement of people locally in those areas, so you want us to come to you we need a personal involvement of several dozen hours of your time to work out logistics.

Lodging/ Camping options
Permits / Fees
Special Requirements
How many can it accommodate
How big an area
Are there maps / GPS files
Availability of food & fuel
There are just the big 7 things needed to know prior to planning and how much personal involvement will you as a member have in helping a local event suceed?
That can be arranged, we would love to host y'all at Mulberry Mtn. Would be riding White Rock Mtn. area. It reminds me of Royal Blue without the big rocks. The most pavement you will drive on is in the camp ground and crossing the HWY 23. We have vista's as well. Let us know?

Reactions: BWAF
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
That can be arranged, we would love to host y'all at Mulberry Mtn. Would be riding White Rock Mtn. area. It reminds me of Royal Blue without the big rocks. The most pavement you will drive on is in the camp ground and crossing the HWY 23. We have vista's as well. Let us know?
Tram and Walter know all about, talk to them and get there feed back, to see if it's worth the trip.

Reactions: Plumber32 and BWAF

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!