Talon 1000 Frame Stiffener/Gusset Kit | SuperATV

Moab_Marty

Moab_Marty

Jul 12, 2019
Moab + Western CO
Ownership

1. Talon R
1. Has anyone installed the SATV Frame Stiffener kit on their Talon?
2. Any comments about use with HDPE skid plates ? ( non SATV brand)

Link to product Instructions:

I am interested in using the stiffener with my Existing 3/8" Factory UTV UHDPE Slid plates.

I checked with SATV tech support and all they could tell me that they "don't test these with other manufacturers products".
I am wondering about a potential spacing issue with the front section of the FUTV plate when adding the thickness of the SATV plate and carriage bolts,

Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota
I installed it with the Honda 1/4” accessory skid plates but they are 3 piece unit and I just left the front section off. If yours are one piece I don’t know why you couldn’t run it over the top and add a few fasteners if you need to. 7a09f25252f721dc939376eafbc9282c

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lil_Steve

Lil_Steve

May 22, 2019
Gilbert, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R
I have the SATV frame stiffener kit on my Talon along with the 1/2" Trail Armor skid plate. The frame kit will sandwich between the skid plate and the frame, I had no issues but I did sand down the square edge of the front of the skid plate to make it less prone to catching on rocks.

IMG 20220126 095316172 1643216377624 XL

IMG 20220126 095437212 1643216377386 XL

IMG 20220126 095455653 1643216377078 XL

Moab_Marty

Moab_Marty

Jul 12, 2019
Moab + Western CO
Ownership

1. Talon R
I installed it with the Honda 1/4” accessory skid plates but they are 3 piece unit and I just left the front section off. If yours are one piece I don’t know why you couldn’t run it over the top and add a few fasteners if you need to.

I have the SATV frame stiffener kit on my Talon along with the 1/2" Trail Armor skid plate.

Thanks for the response and pics.
I'd like to use the extended front of the FUTV skid to help slip over obstacles which is why I chose the FUTV plates in the first place. Think it may take some drilling and spacers

View attachment 315740

Reactions: Remington
SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
Our frame stiffener works with "most" of the other aftermarket skids I've seen. Any that have a separate piece that mounts in the same section...front section, should work just fine without any modification if you leave the front piece off. If not...you can just cut off whatever you need to on the skid to make it fit up nice and look good. That stiffener is definitely a good idea now though. Better sooner than later.

ChadD

ChadD

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2018
Brown City
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Our frame stiffener works with "most" of the other aftermarket skids I've seen. Any that have a separate piece that mounts in the same section...front section, should work just fine without any modification if you leave the front piece off. If not...you can just cut off whatever you need to on the skid to make it fit up nice and look good. That stiffener is definitely a good idea now though. Better sooner than later.

But do they come with stickers? 🤔

#NTC

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!