Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
No I’m not, I’ve driven three Talon 2 seaters, for that I was referring to suspension. The seating/leg room was as compared to the Pioneer 1000.
That makes sense as it’s much longer overall

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
No I’m not, I’ve driven three Talon 2 seaters, for that I was referring to suspension. The seating/leg room was as compared to the Pioneer 1000.
I would like to hear Cyndi's report on the ride compared to the P1?

Reactions: BWAF
Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon X4
That is a fact, not as tight a turning radius of any others I’ve driven with similar wheelbase. I was able to unload mine just briefly yesterday and do ten miles. 8 of which were on county road. I did find a trail down to the river and a bank to negotiate that would have been a no go on the P5, and sketchy in the P1K, but this thing rolled up and down it effortlessly and without the slightest struggle climbing out.

The most noticeable feature on the short ride besides the smoothness of the suspension over the Talon 2 seat, is the comfort of the seating and the leg room, I can actually put my legs out strait. That’s going to be really nice on extended trail rides.

so there is more leg room in the talon than the p1k?

any way you could be convinced to try a 2 seater again and compare to the 4 seat?

Last edited:
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
so there is more leg room in the talon than the p1k?

any way you could be convinced to try a 2 seater again and compare to the 4 seat?
Hmmmm, that might be difficult. I drove two seaters at a group ride. I don’t have access to one now. The best bet would be to go to a dealership and do a side by side comparison.

Reactions: BWAF and Farmer
Sacagawea

Sacagawea

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2016
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
I would like to hear Cyndi's report on the ride compared to the P1?

Well here it is. The P1000 is hot. The seats are very uncomfortable. Leg room is good. Cup holders only fit cans(man thing I guess) Better ride than the 500 or p1005. Although I will say the 500 has the benefit of fitting in small places.

The P1005 has all the heat of the p1000 with the added discomfort of back seats that are very uncomfortable and very hot. I mean take the hottest seat you have ever sat on and double it. My least favorite machine. I overcome this by taking towels to sit on and having a couple cocktails and all is well.

The seat belts in all of the above machines gets hot at the clasp and burns your ass off in the summer. I overcome this by taking towels to sit on and having a couple cocktails and all is well.

Don’t get me wrong I have had a blast in all our rides and lots of memories of great rides. There was just some irritation regarding comfort on the trail.

The Talon was a dream to ride in with the comfy seats. It has decent cup holders and lots of leg room. No hot seats !!!! repeat THE SEATS ARE NOT HOT! I felt very safe and secure because the seat sits a little lower on the frame or it feels like it does. I love it! ❤️

ArkansasTalon

ArkansasTalon

Oct 11, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. Talon R
So, here's my very subjective, unscientific take on the leg room. I sat behind the wheel of both machines last evening. I adjusted the driver's seat all the way back on both of them. They're very, very similar in the amount of leg room. The 4 seater might actually have more, but it's so close you probably won't notice any difference at all.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
So, here's my very subjective, unscientific take on the leg room. I sat behind the wheel of both machines last evening. I adjusted the driver's seat all the way back on both of them. They're very, very similar in the amount of leg room. The 4 seater might actually have more, but it's so close you probably won't notice any difference at all.
Well there you have it. Thanks for checking.

jamesh

jamesh

Lifetime Member
Apr 11, 2019
DFW
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X4
That is a fact, not as tight a turning radius of any others I’ve driven with similar wheelbase. I was able to unload mine just briefly yesterday and do ten miles. 8 of which were on county road. I did find a trail down to the river and a bank to negotiate that would have been a no go on the P5, and sketchy in the P1K, but this thing rolled up and down it effortlessly and without the slightest struggle climbing out.

The most noticeable feature on the short ride besides the smoothness of the suspension over the Talon 2 seat, is the comfort of the seating and the leg room, I can actually put my legs out strait. That’s going to be really nice on extended trail rides.

So, are you saying the X-4 does not turn as tight as other similar 4 seat models (ie XP1000 or Can Am Max), or were you referring to the 2 seat Talon compared to other similar 2 seat cars?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
So, are you saying the X-4 does not turn as tight as other similar 4 seat models (ie XP1000 or Can Am Max),
Yes, that’s my impression of it, having just recently driven a four seat can am to compare.

jamesh

jamesh

Lifetime Member
Apr 11, 2019
DFW
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X4
Yes, that’s my impression of it, having just recently driven a four seat can am to compare.

Wow, that's pretty bad considering how long the Can Am Max is. Are you referring to a Can Am Max or Can Am Maverick?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Wow, that's pretty bad considering how long the Can Am Max is. Are you referring to a Can Am Max or Can Am Maverick?
No, it was a Lone Star Defender, but with the same width and wheel base as the Talon Fox 4.

On the one time out with it, it was the only thing I noticed that I was unsatisfied with. Going to be lots and lots of three point turns and extra maneuvering on the trails.

jamesh

jamesh

Lifetime Member
Apr 11, 2019
DFW
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X4
No, it was a Lone Star Defender, but with the same width and wheel base as the Talon Fox 4.

On the one time out with it, it was the only thing I noticed that I was unsatisfied with. Going to be lots and lots of three point turns and extra maneuvering on the trails.

Interesting. According to the spec sheet, the X-4 has the same turning radius as the 2 seat R. I expect the manifestation of the turning radius would be somewhat different though considering the difference in length.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Interesting. According to the spec sheet, the X-4 has the same turning radius as the 2 seat R. I expect the manifestation of the turning radius would be somewhat different though considering the difference in length.
Yeah, the turning radius in the 2 seat R is one of the complaints coming from some that own it.

M

MundsParkAZ

Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2019
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I'm trying to understand how the excitement for the LIve Valve. Why not buy the base model and upgrade the suspension if you decide you don't like it. If you go LIve Valve, you are stuck with it.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I'm trying to understand how the excitement for the LIve Valve. Why not buy the base model and upgrade the suspension if you decide you don't like it. If you go LIve Valve, you are stuck with it.
Well, now that it’s too late for me, please explain how I f’d up. :D:D

GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV

what do you mean stuck with it?
you can completely replace Live Wire shocks as well as stock one, and or mess with the spring rates, to be overly simplistic the only real difference is there is a computer controlling the settings nob constantly adjusting them to the ever changing terrain instead of a manual one two three knob.
electronic shocks are the future everything cars, trucks, right down to are pedal bikes will eventually be using them

M

MundsParkAZ

Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2019
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
you can completely replace Live Wire shocks as well as stock one, and or mess with the spring rates, to be overly simplistic the only real difference is there is a computer controlling the settings nob constantly adjusting them to the ever changing terrain instead of a manual one two three knob.
electronic shocks are the future everything cars, trucks, right down to are pedal bikes will eventually be using them
Obviously everything is replaceable when you spend more money. I was think that most people would be hesitant to spend more money on suspension if they already spent 2k to upgrade to Live Valve.

Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon X4
Obviously everything is replaceable when you spend more money. I was think that most people would be hesitant to spend more money on suspension if they already spent 2k to upgrade to Live Valve.

i’m thinking a valving change could be as easy as a software reflash.

instead of a hardware change.

Reactions: GPR1500SC

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!