BOX1

Talon Talon 1000X-4

H

HondaTech

Obviously everything is replaceable when you spend more money. I was think that most people would be hesitant to spend more money on suspension if they already spent 2k to upgrade to Live Valve.

Live valve is for the common man (no offense) who just wants something to go out with family and be easy to use and comfortable.

They arent meant for the guys who are gonna play with the suspension and everything else.

Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon x4
Bull.. If you are saying the x4 has a worse turning radius than the seat x-3, you should turn in your keyboard. That is just a flat false statement..

he clarified it was a can am defender.

a page back ✌

Reactions: Montecresto
SchmidtyRacing

SchmidtyRacing

Apr 10, 2019
Central California (for now!)
www.schmidtyracing.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
he clarified it was a can am defender.

a page back ✌
I missed that.. However I also prequalified my post with "if" .. Does the 4 seater have a wider turning radius than a most 2 seaters?.. Absolutely. Physics of wheelbase are undeniable.. I went from a xp900 to the x-4.. However with the new X-4, I was able to do everything on the trail that the 2 seaters in our group did. I only did a 3 point 1x the whole day, and that was on a very tight switchback, and honestly I could have made it had I known what it was and took a bit of a wider turn, but I took/initiated the turn on the inside of the trail.. As the day went on, the additional wheelbase became less and less noticeable as I got used to the machine.

jamesh

jamesh

Lifetime Member
Apr 11, 2019
DFW
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon x4
Sat in one today. Man they are nice! Excited to get the non-live valve version in a couple months. I just need to decide if I want to put forward A-arms on it right away so I can fit 32 inch tires without a huge offset wheel.

@SchmidtyRacing I'm very interested in your comments about the handling with the new wheels and tires and if the tires rub or not. From what I understand, 32s just barely rub on the X with 4/3 offests. Your offset is going to be a bit more.

I think I'd rather use offset wheels than forward A-arms if they work, but both options seem to have pros and cons. From what I understand, offsets more than 5/2 are less than ideal. Then again, forward A-arms reduce turning radius a bit and could cause axle binding issues.

I think most of my riding will be somewhat low-speed technical stuff, with occasional quick jaunts. I can use a different set of wheels if I want to swap to paddles for dune riding....Wonder how much difference 32 vs 30 inch tires make on this X4...

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Bull.. If you are saying the x4 has a worse turning radius than the seat x-3, you should turn in your keyboard. That is just a flat false statement..
Easy feller, didn’t mean to ruffle your feathers. ;)

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Anyone else enjoying the Honda Talon commercials on TV?

9533FB94 E884 490E B32E 001F32639940

Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon x4
My x4 live valve shipped from the factory yesterday.

should see it end of next week.
(In alaska)

WasabiAZ

WasabiAZ

Nov 7, 2019
Phoenix, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon x4
Hello. New member here. I would say long time lurker, but I have only been viewing for the past few weeks as I decided which SXS to get. In part, several of the posts on these forums did help a bit in my buying decision. I’m not sure if I will be very active on here (I have attention issues lol) but I’ll give it a go. :)

I am the new owner of a Honda Talon 1000x4 Fox Live Valve - and I’ve had it for a week now. I ended up getting the first one off the truck at a nearby dealer after putting a deposit down a couple weeks prior. So far I’ve only had it out on one trail (a power line dirt road near my house) and some road driving - both of which have met my expectations for a smooth (and fast) ride! I have expectations to head out this Saturday to get a longer (day’s worth?) of rides up in by the lake.

Anyway - hello and hope to participate in the forums here.

855B3C47 C0E4 44E7 9FF4 78F8073A615A B263E68B 82D5 4BF0 B3FB FCAF9B177E28 B8CECE93 7BEF 4685 B72B 97B47D5E6BF7

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Hello. New member here. I would say long time lurker, but I have only been viewing for the past few weeks as I decided which SXS to get. In part, several of the posts on these forums did help a bit in my buying decision. I’m not sure if I will be very active on here (I have attention issues lol) but I’ll give it a go. :)

I am the new owner of a Honda Talon 1000x4 Fox Live Valve - and I’ve had it for a week now. I ended up getting the first one off the truck at a nearby dealer after putting a deposit down a couple weeks prior. So far I’ve only had it out on one trail (a power line dirt road near my house) and some road driving - both of which have met my expectations for a smooth (and fast) ride! I have expectations to head out this Saturday to get a longer (day’s worth?) of rides up in by the lake.

Anyway - hello and hope to participate in the forums here.

View attachment 164871 View attachment 164872 View attachment 164873
Cool, welcome.

Let us know how it performs on the trail.

Reactions: Mudwing
M

MundsParkAZ

Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2019
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
A local dealer had a new 4 seater on the showroom. Here are my thoughts...

1. Dead pedal for driver seems really close to you. I'm 6'2. I felt like my left knee was a lot higher. Not a big deal for short rides. I'm concerned about long rides.
2. The rear seats lack much leg room. Plus the "oh s***" bar to hang on to makes it seem even tighter space. It would be find for short rides but i can't see anyone wanting to sit in back for more than 15-20 minutes.

I'd love some feedback from recent buyers of the new 4 seater. I'm not questioning if I still want to get.

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!