highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
This version of my shifter plate design eliminates low gear. As crazy as this sounds, this plate was initially designed for race drivers that ONLY go fast, with input from forum member Slowpoke who is building a short course race car for the 2021 season. This plate design prevents an accidental shift into low gear and reduces the neutral notch depth to prevent getting hung up there during a hasty shift. That was the first design intent.

Then word spread to a company that rents Talons. The owner was immediately interested in the delete plate as a preventative measure for transmission damage by customers improperly shifting into low gear. That got my wheels turning so I began emailing information and pics of the delete plate to talon rental companies in the US . And come to find out, this is actually a needed solution for several rental companies that I've contacted! I would not have thought so myself but apparently novice renters can't get the hang of shifting into low on the talons.

So here we go, newly listed on my website for the general population and for rental owners is my new
DT-RR Low Delete Shifter Plate (shown in raw aluminum pre-production finish)
Specifically designed for those who ONLY go fast and unintentionally found useful for those who don't know gear grind is a bad thing!

DT RR shifter plate

The website link HERE for all the info and specifics. If you own or know someone that owns a rental company and would be interested in this shifter plate, please share this thread with them. This plate could save them a large repair cost.

I've already drummed up enough pre-order sales to make a production order of plates that will be delivered the week of 11/2/20. All pre-order requests have been for black so I'm only making black plates this run. Half of the order is already sold as of today!!!

Cost will be $39.95 coated and includes shipping within the US.
(contact me for special B2B rental fleet pricing)

Thanks,
Brian

10 80 logo Signature

Last edited:
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Black powder coat shifter plates are in stock and ready to ship. The only low delete shifter plate available. Perfect for racers and rental companies that want to save their transmissions. No more “Don’t use low” speeches to renters!

$39.95 shipped

7A45C51A 6CD6 4CED B297 ED978213E867

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Low delete plates have been redisigned to match my normal Talon shifter plates. Now they look and perform better.

Only 6 left in stock. Rental companies have been buying these to save their transmissions for novice drivers. If you know someone that could use these please send them my way. I’m the only manufacturer of these low delete plates.
63C49A37 AD17 4EFF 82E7 7550451F8973

Reactions: SLOWPOKE693
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I've sold a total of 16 low delete plates to Ridin Dirty ATV rentals at the Oregon Dunes. They now call me for these when they need more. I offered my normal shifter plates to them but they said "Oh no, we don't want customers to use low." It's an awesome feeling as a maker of things when customers return to you for more of what you make.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!