highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I know there are many nerf bar/tree kicker makers out there, however, in my attempts to learn Fusion and work with my scans, I started designing some bars for my Talon. So far they look mostly like the picture I have in my head. I'm finally making some headway with Fusion. It's so foreign from my Autocad background but I need this practice to learn. I don't want to post any early screenshots yet. Once I get something finallized exactly like I want it then I'll post something. Then I'll have to figure out how to make them and if I want to sell them!

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
While the ideas are flowing I HAVE to draw! I've been wanting to do something like this for a long time but sometimes the creativity just ain't working. Well, the last few days the creativity has been flowing great!

I'm close to getting the idea out of my head so I'll give you guys a sneak peak. I call it the Step Kicker. 😂 A combination of two things I need...a step for the wife and a tree kicker to keep from tearing up my fenders any more.

This is the overall gist and REALLY close to what I want to build, but I've got some fine tuning to do with my scans and physical measurements. Then off to the shop for some tube bending and plate cutting. I do not have a timeline for this. The shop is always interested in new ideas I send them so they will probably knock the first version out quickly.

Talon nerf bar assembly 3 v2

C

chucksmith0706

Jul 22, 2020
Louisiana
If you decide to break off in the pioneer world. I would love a set for my 1000-5. Your design looks really clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Design Progression. Getting closer to done!

Nerf bars 6 15 23 scans v6

I'm liking the side profile very much.
Nerf bars 6 15 23 scans v6 3

Top profile cures a pet peeve of mine of nearly all nerf bars. I don't like the way they do not match the very slight curve of the body. I'm working on this. I've got some tweaking to do still but it's close. Once I get the look and functionality I want then I'll make as much simplification as I can for manufacturing. This will require some give and take with the guys I have building products for me.

Nerf bars 6 15 23 scans v6 2

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I think this is it. Added some checker plate for the step. I have to finish the mounting plates but that’s easy. Next week I’ll check with my local fab shop about bending tube for a prototype or at least a set for my talon. This kind design project is what I love to do!

If I was as good with fusion as I am with autocad this would be a one day project! I’m just slow in fusion. But part of these projects is to learn fusion.
Nerf bars 6 15 23 scans v8

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Your lengths between centers is more than enough. What clr did you design around? 1d? 1.5d? 2d?

Reactions: Smitty335