jamesh

jamesh

Lifetime Member
Apr 11, 2019
DFW
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X4
I'm starting to see Talon R and Talon X list prices as low as $17,999 and 16,999, respectively, at dealers charging less than $100 additional fees. Not sure if this is a big conversation starter, but it makes me happy since I'm planning to get one at the end of the year. Of course, by then, 2019 stock may be sold out and I'm stuck closer to MSRP. Or, maybe there will be an even BETTER deal at that time. Either way looks like a drive to Arkansas, Mississippi or Tennessee to get the best deal. I'll make that drive to save a couple thousand since I'd drive that far for a riding trip anyways.

Reactions: southernyooper
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yep, Hipe is dying down for Honda's first entry into the SxS Game.
Now the focus is on the new fire hazard coming out soon.
But thats ok.. One day they will learn.
What’s the new fire hazard? Did I miss something?

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Yep, Hipe is dying down for Honda's first entry into the SxS Game.
Now the focus is on the new fire hazard coming out soon.
But thats ok.. One day they will learn.
Is that like the name for a 200 HP Talon? HA!

nm6r

nm6r

Jun 7, 2019
Sandia Park, NM
Ownership

1. Talon R
Some dealers will always sell at fair prices without added charges and make even more money by the volume they move. These dealers had great pricing on the Talons from day one and continue to do so. Nothing has changed.

Some dealers will always try to gouge by charging msrp + freight + dealer prep + documentation, etc.

They choice is yours where you buy. I chose a 2275 mile round trip and it was well worth it.

jamesh

jamesh

Lifetime Member
Apr 11, 2019
DFW
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X4
Plus the Kawasaki is coming out with a new one too. Apple dropped IPAD prices on the announcement of the Kindle back a few years ago and then dropped the price again when the kindle was released. Maybe Honda is allowing dealers to drop prices in the same fashion. I can't wait to see what the Kawi looks like. I've actually had a hard time making up my mind between the Talon and the Wildcat XX, but am just on this side of the fence for the Talon. I bet the Kawi is going to have me hemming and hawing again. Of course, the newer Talon price point will probably keep me swayed that direction....1st world problems.

H

HondaTech

Plus the Kawasaki is coming out with a new one too. Apple dropped IPAD prices on the announcement of the Kindle back a few years ago and then dropped the price again when the kindle was released. Maybe Honda is allowing dealers to drop prices in the same fashion. I can't wait to see what the Kawi looks like. I've actually had a hard time making up my mind between the Talon and the Wildcat XX, but am just on this side of the fence for the Talon. I bet the Kawi is going to have me hemming and hawing again. Of course, the newer Talon price point will probably keep me swayed that direction....1st world problems.

If Kawi doesnt have a new engine for that thing, it's going to be a joke. They better come out swinging, cause that POS Teryx engine ain't gonna cut it.

Reactions: dnjones161
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
If Kawi doesnt have a new engine for that thing, it's going to be a joke. They better come out swinging, cause that POS Teryx engine ain't gonna cut it.
As of late Kawasaki comes up a day late and a dollar short, looks like the new comers are the Yamaha and the Honda's. Maybe the Polaris's parts and machines will get real cheap?

RockR

RockR

Hammer Down Trail Hound
Lifetime Member
Apr 15, 2019
SE Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
If you are considering the Wildcat, you might want to watch some long term review videos. They run like hell when they run, but they seem to have a lot of issues keeping them running. SxSBlog guys have some good points on it in their videos. They really seem to like it, but it's always breaking something...and not minor somethings. I buy Hondas (everything except cars...I'm a Chevy truck guy) because they last. Might not be the highest performer in some cases, but they are the most consistent and durable machines made.
Hope this helps.

S

sandshark

Apr 11, 2019
west hills, ca
Ownership

1. Other Brand

Rumor is the Kawi will be similar hp range as the Talon and YXZ. Which motor they use is a mystery.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Some dealers will always sell at fair prices without added charges and make even more money by the volume they move. These dealers had great pricing on the Talons from day one and continue to do so. Nothing has changed.

Some dealers will always try to gouge by charging msrp + freight + dealer prep + documentation, etc.

They choice is yours where you buy. I chose a 2275 mile round trip and it was well worth it.

Just called a dealer in Illinois about a 1000-5 deluxe. They have tons of 18’s left. $12990 advertised price. Out the door price is $16600. LOL. They are getting over $1600 for freight and prep! I said no thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: nm6r and BigOL3
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Rumor is the Kawi will be similar hp range as the Talon and YXZ. Which motor they use is a mystery.

Biggest selling point for a Kawi - 3 year factory warranty. That would be very nice to have!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J

JimmyTalon

Apr 13, 2019
SE Minnesota
Ownership

1. Talon R
I bought four more years hondacare warrantee for $1300. Five years total bumper to bumper no deductible. And it's a honda, not a kawi.

jamesh

jamesh

Lifetime Member
Apr 11, 2019
DFW
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X4
If you are considering the Wildcat, you might want to watch some long term review videos. They run like hell when they run, but they seem to have a lot of issues keeping them running. SxSBlog guys have some good points on it in their videos. They really seem to like it, but it's always breaking something...and not minor somethings. I buy Hondas (everything except cars...I'm a Chevy truck guy) because they last. Might not be the highest performer in some cases, but they are the most consistent and durable machines made.
Hope this helps.

Yeah, I've watched all of them. That's the kicker on the XX. It has some really great engineering and design features. But it also has some serious design flaws and quality issues. I know I won't end up getting one, but I have felt enticed to it.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!