Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon X4
Welcome to the power sports market. That's exactly how it works when there is plenty of money poured into the market year after year. My dealer calls it "the race to the bottom (of value)". Every year there are bold new graphics, a new engine, new features or a whole new chassis . A certain set of consumers can afford these new things, which makes last year's hardware "outdated" in many people eyes. As long as we keep pouring in the money, manufacturers will stay interested in innovation, which will continue to drive the used market values.
You think atvs/utvs are bad (and I agree that market is bad)? You must not be a snowmobiler. It's about 2-3 times as bad in the sled market. Somewhat confounded by the idea that a sled is about junk by 8,000 miles. Selling one with more than a few thousand miles and no warrantee is like standing on the corner with a cardboard sign which reads "Please take this sled off my hands, I'm desperate to ride the latest shiney new design. Anything helps".

But you know what? I don't care. I'm going to ride and play as long as my body allows (a couple more years). I buy what I want, when I want it. I don't give a sh*t if I get the best price or not! And I won't wait a season to get a few thousand off. I've saved my money to play with, and I'm pretty sure I won't die broke. If your budget keeps you from having the new hardware you want , I am sorry but you haven't worked hard enough yet to earn it. So quit complaining and go back to work.

My experience with mountain sleds is they are trash by 1800-2000 miles.

Buy high, sell low and never get stuck with anything.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If your budget keeps you from having the new hardware you want , I am sorry but you haven't worked hard enough yet to earn it. So quit complaining and go back to work.
This is one of the stupidest statements I have read lately. Personally, I am very thankful for what I have, but I do not have all I WANT ...... but surely all I need. No doubt there are many others in a similar position. Not everyone can have a $100K+/yr job. Instead of being an ass, try being thankful for what you have.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
This is one of the stupidest statements I have read lately. Personally, I am very thankful for what I have, but I do not have all I WANT ...... but surely all I need. No doubt there are many others in a similar position. Not everyone can have a $100K+/yr job. Instead of being an ass, try being thankful for what you have.
Truth!

B

Bmp4510

Apr 9, 2019
Clovis
Thanks for all the comments. I have worked for 38 years, full time, and yes I can afford to purchase what I’d like, pretty much when I’d like. No I never owned a sled, it doesn’t snow where I’m at, but great info on that.

And I do expect a loss on any vehicle I purchase. My point was that Honda, in my experience, ends up competing with their own customers several years down the road, with the exact same product. That’s all. And typically drives down an already deflated value.

And if it appears to be whinnying, that was the intent. Merely an observation. Out of all the brands of vehicles I’ve owned, only Honda seems to do this. Again, IMO. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

B

boatman22

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2016
Woodlands TX
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Other Brand
My daughter is ready to upgrade to the Talon 4 from her P500. The best pricing we have found is from Ramey MotorSports in Mississippi...$18747 OTD. Have any gotten good pricing on the Taon 4 elsewhere? Thanks for any info.

Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon X4
My daughter is ready to upgrade to the Talon 4 from her P500. The best pricing we have found is from Ramey MotorSports in Mississippi...$18747 OTD. Have any gotten good pricing on the Taon 4 elsewhere? Thanks for any info.

i would go for it.

that’s 5k less than i paid 2 months ago.

Reactions: TripleB and JTW
jamesh

jamesh

Lifetime Member
Apr 11, 2019
DFW
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X4
They always have good pricing. I bought local for $19,700. Also paid another$1625 in sales tax which I may or may not have saved buying out of state.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!