Talon storage options poll

Which storage option listed below would you most like to see made avaible for purchase?

• X4 rear seat aluminum replacement expedition style box, full opening lid (XL capacity)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
The next round of boxes will be manufactured differently in that the shop will begin CNC bending some of the components for me to reduce welding of parts. The equipment they have is unbelievable! The bending brake calibrates itself to not over bend or under bend parts! This will help me improved the speed and accuracy of fabrication and allow me to handle more orders that I'm expecting in the future. There are no changes in the box designs or capacities or prices.

Preview of X4-p assembly...
Talon X4 p  REV D 100 FOR BENDS Model

Preview of the complicated X4-d assembly...this will be a huge time saver!!
Talon X4 d  REV D 100 FOR BENDS Model

Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon X4
The next round of boxes will be manufactured differently in that the shop will begin CNC bending some of the components for me to reduce welding of parts. The equipment they have is unbelievable! The bending brake calibrates itself to not over bend or under bend parts! This will help me improved the speed and accuracy of fabrication and allow me to handle more orders that I'm expecting in the future. There are no changes in the box designs or capacities or prices.

Preview of X4-p assembly...
View attachment 293964

Preview of the complicated X4-d assembly...this will be a huge time saver!!
View attachment 293965
Shipping will change 😁

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
These are ready to go to powder coat the week of sept 20. I’m getting much better and faster with the TIG welder and the technique.
View attachment 293455

These will be ready to purchase after powder coat in 2 weeks. I’ve stated on my website listings that if you want one then you can purchase ahead of time and I’ll put your name on one till they are ready to ship. That’s not a problem.

More will be ready to weld up about the time these come back from powder coat. I have to fall into the shop schedule of when they cut aluminum. A little inconvenient but the laser cut is so accurate that’s it’s worth it.
Dropped these at powder coat this morning. Should have them back by Friday, put the hatch on and they'll be ready to ship out.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
So far Sept. has been a super busy month at work. I don't have as much free time to design and fab new stuff. After months of work, these boxes are now easy to produce and ship out quickly. Sometimes I have to wait for aluminum cutting but otherwise I can get them out rather quickly. Production will continue on these and shifter plates even though I'm very busy at my day job.

Snorkels will be on hold until things slow down. I just can't squeeze all that in right now. Plus I've got to figure out how to get the best results with the Revopoint scanner. This will be so helpful to get needed dimensions into cad so I can fly through a design before building anything. In order to make any kind of production level, I've got to be able to design in 3d so the shop can do a lot of the fab work with their CNC equipment.

Thanks to all for the business support. I'm having a blast creating new products. No one else offers under seat cargo boxes so for now I'm in a niche all to myself!

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
These are ready to go to powder coat the week of sept 20. I’m getting much better and faster with the TIG welder and the technique.
View attachment 293455

These will be ready to purchase after powder coat in 2 weeks. I’ve stated on my website listings that if you want one then you can purchase ahead of time and I’ll put your name on one till they are ready to ship. That’s not a problem.

More will be ready to weld up about the time these come back from powder coat. I have to fall into the shop schedule of when they cut aluminum. A little inconvenient but the laser cut is so accurate that’s it’s worth it.
Ready to ship! Powder coated and hatch installed.

Reactions: Sheetmetalfab
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
First of the new fabrication design with cnc bends to reduce welds. They fit as good as the first design. These will look sharp when finished. My welding time is reduced but the cost transfers to cnc bending at shop. Time is the benefit for me!! Laser cut and cnc bent for a perfect fit up.

If anyone wants a kit to weld up themselves nows the time to get one. Otherwise I’m welding up, powder coating and getting ready to ship complete.

Sample pick of X4-d box snapped together. This was the most complicated box to weld up.

Edit: I have one of each box size kit available. I'll hold off welding these up for a little while in case someone is interested. More are on order for the next round of aluminum cutting.
30BC17DF 015C 4261 85D0 6529DD74FBAC

Last edited:
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Due to an unfortunate miscalculation by someone close to me, their Talon took a swim yesterday in water as deep as the top of the seat headrest for about 2 to 2-1/2 hours until it could be recovered with a dozer. Thankfully it looks like the Talon will run again after some dehydrating. On the positive side, my X2 driver seat cargo box was put to the ultimate test AND PASSED! Still dry after 2 hours fully submerged.

IMG 1604

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Due to an unfortunate miscalculation by someone close to me, their Talon took a swim yesterday in water as deep as the top of the seat headrest for about 2 to 2-1/2 hours until it could be recovered with a dozer. Thankfully it looks like the Talon will run again after some dehydrating. On the positive side, my X2 driver seat cargo box was put to the ultimate test AND PASSED! Still dry after 2 hours fully submerged.

View attachment 302705
That looks like a regular Saturday at the mud park :). Good to hear about the storage box!

Reactions: Sheetmetalfab
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I’m only listing this deal on this forum for all members.

Newly fabricated Talon underseat cargo boxes unpainted save $20 now. Only 1 of each size available like this. Box will be complete with lid and ready to install just not painted.
First come first served basis. Send me a message. I’m uploading pics of each box.

X2 driver seat unpainted $145
B1F4859D 0F5F 4A3B B6BC 2D9424A38E3D

7C99377B 7D45 44CF BFC5 04AEB08E7BD3

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!