Talon subtrans parking collar recall question

L

LJSXS

Nov 27, 2019
Springdale Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Sounds like Heartland Honda......😉
No sir! Adventure Honda in Rogers. I actually do quite a bit of business with Greg and the gang at Heartland Honda and have actually bought 2 machines from them. But when it came to buying my Pioneer Adventure Honda in Rogers beat everyone. I actually sit in Greg’s office in Springdale and showed him my offer from Adventure Honda and we couldn’t come to an agreement price.
But I do like the guys at Heartland. But the guys at Adventure Honda are outstanding as well. 😎

Reactions: Montecresto
M

Moto4

Mar 18, 2019
Vermont
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Other than the fact that you can't trust leaving it in park, if you continue to run it for a while with the collar missing can it cause damage to your sub-transmission?

Formula1

Formula1

Lifetime Member
Feb 24, 2020
SE Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Any have clear directions on what to look for? Id much rather check it myself and I have a scope.

H

HondaTech

Any have clear directions on what to look for? Id much rather check it myself and I have a scope.

You must have a scope with a side camera, i dont believe you can see the collar with the camera on the tip of the end.

If you stick the scope in the drain plug hole angling it towards the front of the unit slightly, you'll pass a piece that has "HL4" stamped into it. Pushing past that, you'll feel some resistance that mean you've hit the shifter shaft. Right after that it the shaft with the parking collar on it. Next to the collar will be a hole with a return spring end sticking through. Its pretty apparent if the collar is missing.

Screenshot 20200701 213154 OneDrive

Reactions: Formula1
Formula1

Formula1

Lifetime Member
Feb 24, 2020
SE Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You must have a scope with a side camera, i dont believe you can see the collar with the camera on the tip of the end.

If yous stick the scope in the drain plug hole angling it towards the front of the unit slightly, you'll pass a piece that has "HL4" stamped into it. Pushing past that, you'll feel some resistance that mean you've hit the shifter shaft. Right after that it the shaft with the parking collar on it. Next to the collar will be a hole with a return spring end sticking through. Its pretty apparent if the collar is missing.
Ok thanks for instructions. My scope has the camera on the end. I was planning to change my fluids soon anyway so I will give it a shot just in case.

H

HondaTech

Ok thanks for instructions. My scope has the camera on the end. I was planning to change my fluids soon anyway so I will give it a shot just in case.

I posted part of the recall instructions in my post, makes it a little clearer.

Reactions: Montecresto

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!