Talon Talon Tire Choice - Suggestions?

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I'm looking to upgrade tires on the Talon X and having a hard time making a decision. Hoping to get some input from here to help me finalize decision. My riding is generally rocks and rock crawling along with just trail cruising. I don't go looking for mud, but do need to get thru when in way and would like them to clean out fairly well. Typically ride TN and KY.

I will be replacing rims as well but I want to stay with 15" rims and either a 30" or 32" tire

Currently leaning toward 32"x10"x15" Maxxis Carnivores

I have Interco Reptiles on my P500 and really like them, but not available in desirable sizes for Talon. Interco has a Sniper 920 that I like the looks of but I can't find much in the way of reviews on them.

Interco Sniper 920 UTV Tires
Or?
ITP Tire Blackwater Evolution

Appreciate any thoughts on the Carnivores and other suggestions.

Last edited:
Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
You might consider tsl super swampers. I ran them on my pk1 and love them. I wanted to go bigger and couldn't without 15" wheels. They are a very tough tire and worked great on rocks. They clean well for mud too.

Reactions: Blownzuki and Vondy
Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
You might consider tsl super swampers. I ran them on my pk1 and love them. I wanted to go bigger and couldn't without 15" wheels. They are a very tough tire and worked great on rocks. They clean well for mud too.

TSL were my go to in the Jeeping days. Concerned with weight though on a SXS 52lbs compared to 35-37 for most UTV tires.

Reactions: Blownzuki
Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
TSL were my go to in the Jeeping days. Concerned with weight though on a SXS 52lbs compared to 35-37 for most UTV tires.
I'm not sure of the weight of the larger ones but my 28-8.50r14s were only 30lbs each. They were actually one of the lightest tires when I was searching. They so far have been the best jack of all trades. Nearly 3k miles with no visible wear or flats. I since have bought sti outback max and recently bought a used set of tensor regulators from a member. Both 28s and both much heavier. I may switch back to the tsl's but I'm going to try the regulators first.

Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon X4
Ran tsl’s on my last landcruiser.
good in mud.

they suffered on rock and trail rides compared to Cooper discoverer STT’s. (Similar to a bfg mud terrain)

if I built another trail rig I would run the disco STT’s.

currently running kenda executioners on my talon. (we get into tundra a lot up here)
No problems yet.

B

bjniceguy

May 25, 2019
Iowa
Ownership

1. Talon R
the Maxxis carnivores are a good light tire that hooks up well, but does not wear real well (mine showed some wear at 600 miles ) but because they are softer they hook up great (and clean out well). I loved the 30x10x14 (had on both my YXZ and on Talon) but 14" wheels not great on Talon. I bought 29x9.5 x15 and they looked way smaller than the 30". Not impressive. I have seen but not owned the 32" and they look great.

Jefferson87

Jefferson87

Dec 27, 2019
Northern California
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I have 32 carnivores on my x4. And am super happy with them. I am weary of the wear for sure.

My buddy who sells sxs parts for a living swears by the pro armor tires. He said they are great and wear much better than the carnivores.

They have good prices on them also FueledUTV.Com

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm looking to upgrade tires on the Talon X and having a hard time making a decision. Hoping to get some input from here to help me finalize decision. My riding is generally rocks and rock crawling along with just trail cruising. I don't go looking for mud, but do need to get thru when in way and would like them to clean out fairly well. Typically ride TN and KY.

I will be replacing rims as well but I want to stay with 15" rims and either a 30" or 32" tire

Currently leaning toward 32"x10"x15" Maxxis Carnivores

I have Interco Reptiles on my P500 and really like them, but not available in desirable sizes for Talon. Interco has a Sniper 920 that I like the looks of but I can't find much in the way of reviews on them.

Interco Sniper 920 UTV Tires
Or?
ITP Tire Blackwater Evolution

Appreciate any thoughts on the Carnivores and other suggestions.
Not sure on size but you might check out STI Roctane XD’s or X2’s.

M

Miller5p1000

Dec 2, 2019
Pittsburgh pa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got any pictures of your p1000 on the super swampers I like the idea just didn’t know how only having a 8.5” wide tire on the back was

Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Got any pictures of your p1000 on the super swampers I like the idea just didn’t know how only having a 8.5” wide tire on the back was
The swampers are now mounted on 4 front deluxe wheels and are on the red 5 seat in the pics. I dont have any pics of that. There was nothing wrong with them. I just happened to get a deal on some tensor regulators from a member and decided to put a more aggressive tire on the tusk wheels I had the swampers on. Shortly after my switch my brother who owns the red 5 seat cut a factory big horn. Again a member here came through with a second set of deluxe wheels and we mounted the swampers on the 4 front wheels. I put a few thousand miles on them and he has too. now they're still getting constant use. Only one flat between the two machines they've been on and it was a piece of fence that would have punctured any tire. Also we use our pioneers to haul all kinds of s*** and never had any issues with the narrow tire.

IMG950610 IMG950701 IMG950093 20190403 170830

M

Miller5p1000

Dec 2, 2019
Pittsburgh pa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok I am getting tired of blowing sidewalls out on the big horns we run pretty hard usually fast pace at night and I didn’t know with them being that skinny in the back of it would feel unstable or lose a bunch of traction considering the foot print is much smaller I like the idea to get a 4 ply sidewalk and everyone knows how much abuse tsl tires will take I been looking into the sniper 920 which is how I found ur post but I don’t like the 2 ply sidewall since it is my issue now

Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ok I am getting tired of blowing sidewalls out on the big horns we run pretty hard usually fast pace at night and I didn’t know with them being that skinny in the back of it would feel unstable or lose a bunch of traction considering the foot print is much smaller I like the idea to get a 4 ply sidewalk and everyone knows how much abuse tsl tires will take I been looking into the sniper 920 which is how I found ur post but I don’t like the 2 ply sidewall since it is my issue now
They are a real bias ply tire. It says 4 ply but they are a thick tire. When the piece of fence was ran over it took 2 days and passengers in the rear for him to notice. I beat the hell out of them and would run them again. they dont measure true theyre short
and I like them for that. It makes my bloated loaded machine feel much quicker than the 28" regulators.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!