Talon vs Pioneer Cylinder Head Question

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Are these identical parts or different in some way? I stumbled upon a used Pioneer 1000 bare cylinder head that I can pick up cheap. I'm trying to piece together a motor build for my race car and would love to have a cylinder head pre ported and ready to bolt on so I can continue racing while it's being worked on.

Anybody know for sure either way?

H

HondaTech

Their different (HL6 part number for the Talon head) but i couldnt tell you why. Ive never had the chance to set them side by side and see.

It appears the valve guides are the same, Exhuast valves are Talon and 1000 Africa Twin only. Head gasket is Talon only, so is the head cover.

Maybe the larger throttle bodies made the intake ports larger too?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!