Talon wheels on 2021 1000-5

M

mshawnc

Mar 8, 2021
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Curious how big of a tire I can run on my stock 1000-5 base model with factory Talon rims? I'd like to run a DOT approved tire, let me know if anyone has any experience with clearance, thanks!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Curious how big of a tire I can run on my stock 1000-5 base model with factory Talon rims? I'd like to run a DOT approved tire, let me know if anyone has any experience with clearance, thanks!
I don't have a clue, if you want to run 30's you will need new forward A-arms, SATV is a good place to start lookin.

M

mshawnc

Mar 8, 2021
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Let me be clear, I'm looking for a knowledge base, people who have researched this so I don't have to "reinvent the wheel"....I'm not an idiot and am trying to avoid having to swap out suspension parts or even install a simple lift kit. From what I gather even a 3" lift in the back will negate the self-adjusting or auto leveling suspension.
🤦‍♂️ ..........37s
Assuming you can read, did you not see the word "stock"...as in I don't want a lift kit or different suspension components? I'm sure you think you're funny but you're a waste of time. Nice picture being pulled out of a mud puddle. Good to know the people on this forum that aren't worth reading what they type.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Let me be clear, I'm looking for a knowledge base, people who have researched this so I don't have to "reinvent the wheel"....I'm not an idiot and am trying to avoid having to swap out suspension parts or even install a simple lift kit. From what I gather even a 3" lift in the back will negate the self-adjusting or auto leveling suspension.

Assuming you can read, did you not see the word "stock"...as in I don't want a lift kit or different suspension components? I'm sure you think you're funny but you're a waste of time. Nice picture being pulled out of a mud puddle. Good to know the people on this forum that aren't worth reading what they type.

You're getting razzed bc this is a subject that's been beat to death since the forum started. As for stock suspension, hundreds have done what you're looking to do. Believe me, you're not reinventing anything that hasn't been done around here. There is a search bar in the upper right hand corner but most people are lazy and just want the answer without doing any reading for themselves.

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2

WOW! On your 3rd post. This might be a new record.

JUST...... WOW!

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Let me be clear, I'm looking for a knowledge base, people who have researched this so I don't have to "reinvent the wheel"....I'm not an idiot
Then you know how to use the search?
Read @trigger post. should answer what your so sore about so simmer down! 😂

You must not have read much on the forum either. When you first post its preferred that u do an Into and some pics of your machine to help for us to better understand you and your machine. So Welcome.
but in your case…..
Pics Or It Didnt Happen! ;)🥳

Last edited:
F

Fyathyrio

Sep 24, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Me? 42s, but I'm kinda aggressive. One thing I find somewhat peculiar . . . if you are not an idiot, then why did you post a Honda 1000 question in the Talon forums and expect a decent answer? (Assuming YOU can read, of course.)

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
72831B02 C54C 4705 8251 F77269885591

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I run 32" terrabites on stock wheels no real issues besides a little rubbing when full lock left turn other than that work well they also measure about 31 and a half mounted
First ever post since joining 7 months ago! woo hoo!!
Pics Or It Didnt Happen!

Welcome from Michigan BTW

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!