stellarpod

stellarpod

Lifetime Member
Apr 18, 2019
OKC, OK - USA
Ownership

1. Talon X
And a turbo rzr or can am doesn't?

No argument here. While I'm glad to see Honda offering a package, the turbo is an added expense that is not warranted for my kind of riding. Good to have it for those who want/need the additional power though.

Steve

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
Basically by the time you buy a Honda Talon and throw a turbo kit on it (which is still covered by your factory warranty), You will be at about the same price as the competitions turboed machine that still runs on a rubber band. So let's look at the advantage now of our talons drivetrain without a turbo kit..... This means that if Honda is willing to cover a 60% horsepower increase to their drivetrain under warranty still, then they built that drivetrain to handle power that the stock machine could never produce and in turn making it a stronger stock platform than most competitions non-turboed machine. I am not trying to throw an umbrella statement that says nobody is doing what Honda does but to my understanding when Polaris or Can-Am make a turboed version of their sport setup they have to beef up a lot of the components to handle the turbo kit meaning the machine was not designed to handle the additional power of the turbo kit. I love how stout the talon is stock....But it is comforting to know that I have a machine that is built to handle 60% more power than it's putting down right now which means most of the abuse I give it is less than it is capable of handling (which is a reason I believe there aren't as many broken parts on guys that run Hondas compared to other machines...hondabob for example). I love the mindset that Honda takes into account when they build a machine that I don't want to fix all the time. I have off-roaded with my Hondas a lot over the last 5 to 6 years and have not had one broken part stop one single weekend of my off-roading enjoyment. And the last three months I have purchased two Polaris's for my kids, because they were cheaper in cost, And I have not made it through one weekend of off-roading since then without towing one of the polaris's out of the trail and taking it home to fix it so we could use it again. Good for what it is but it does break easily.

In turn Honda nor my Honda Talon are perfect.... But in my experiences and friends experiences they are closer to perfect than the other brands! Just my .02!)

Go Honda!!

1HasBeen

Oct 20, 2019
Wickenburg, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Having just owned an X3 XRC Turbo R, let's look at reality. It is stupid fast right out of the box, and more power is easily attainable. I kept the engine stock. The front ends are notoriously weak, and if you intend to ride hard, you should invest in a gusset kit, and shock tower brace, and the install is no picnic. There is basically no structure whatsoever in front of the shocks, leaving the radiator very vulnerable. The frames are so thin you can just about see through them. Many people have had X3 frames develop cracks. The rear knuckles tend to wallow out where the toe-rod attaches. Then the infamous Can-Am serviceability, where holes in the skid plate don't align with drain plugs, and, oh by the way, the skid plate is pop riveted on, and is overlapped by the rock sliders. Stock up on brake cleaner. Try to replace a front A-Arm, and get a lesson in peeling an onion. Since the Talon turbo kits appear to be shipping, we shall soon see how the Talon chassis holds up to 160+ horsepower. That will tell the tale.

All that aside, the notion that any of those KOH cars are stock, except for maybe a small handful of true privateers, is absurd.

Reactions: Plumber32
S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yup, pretty much just you!
Placing as high as they did was awesome. Yes , i wanted them to place higher, and yes ,i want a Turbo Talon as a factory model, not a dealer add on. Time is still too short to see how the Talon holds up with the add on Turbo.
So yes, i am still disappointed a little.

Hopefully a Turbo Talon is gonna be a factory option in the next few years and if so, i will own one.
If not i will do a Talon R.

Reactions: IDIOT
popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Speaking of koh, the rock bouncers are putting on a show. Search Holley efi shoot out on you tube right now. Fun show to watch

Reactions: Plumber32

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!