Talon Talons @ KOH

Jefferson87

Jefferson87

Dec 27, 2019
Northern California
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Well looks like can am knocked off Polaris for 1 and 2 so far. First time anything but a rzr has won.

TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X
Well looks like can am knocked off Polaris for 1 and 2 so far. First time anything but a rzr has won.

1,2,3 for Can Am. Pretty impressive. The Honda guys are going to have a great showing for their first time out.

Reactions: Plumber32
stellarpod

stellarpod

Lifetime Member
Apr 18, 2019
OKC, OK - USA
Ownership

1. Talon X
1,2,3,4 and 5 for CanAm I believe. I don't know anything about these young drivers that Honda hired, but I question the logic of not hiring a seasoned veteran or two for their premier opening. Of course, the winner was a first-time racer at KOH. Nonetheless, glad to see them competing.

Steve

Reactions: Plumber32
TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X
1,2,3,4 and 5 for CanAm I believe. I don't know anything about these young drivers that Honda hired, but I question the logic of not hiring a seasoned veteran or two for their premier opening. Of course, the winner was a first-time racer at KOH. Nonetheless, glad to see them competing.

Steve

I think a RZR was 4th but Can Am is killing it. Those guys are all over the top 10.

H

HondaTech

Wonder how many finished in total?

I think this was a decent showing for a new machine with a untested (sort of) transmission setup and platform.

Reactions: CID
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
20th and 25th, both Hondas finished on their first attempt with inexperienced KoH drivers - I’m feeling pretty good about my ‘20 Talon purchase ... I’m schmart. :p Oh, and red’s fastest.:cool:

Last edited:
TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X
Wonder how many finished in total?

I think this was a decent showing for a new machine with a untested (sort of) transmission setup and platform.

There are cars still on course. 30 or so finished so far out of 136 starting. Top 25 is really stout for the Honda team's first outing. Eliott's Talon looked like it had been in a demolition derby and still came home. He rolled it 3 or 4 different times.

Reactions: Plumber32 and CID

1HasBeen

Oct 20, 2019
Wickenburg, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand
To have both cars finish, and finish top 25 in their first outing, especially at KOH, is quite an accomplishment. They finished ahead of some very well funded, and very experienced polarass teams. A darn good start!

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Polarass got their a$$ handed to 'em, 'bout time. :cool:

Reactions: 1HasBeen
H

HondaTech

Offical results show Factory backed Talons in 17th and 26th. Didnt see a finish for the green Goodall racing car.

McGrath finished 29th in the lone KRX.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Anyone know if the Honda's were turbo'd? The announcers made a big deal out of McGrath's KRX being normally aspirated.

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Anyone know if the Honda's were turbo'd? The announcers made a big deal out of McGrath's KRX being normally aspirated.
Yes. Check the first post of the thread.

Lil_Steve

Lil_Steve

May 22, 2019
Gilbert, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R
Yer right, just below and left of center of the first photo in the first post - a turbo. 👍

That first line in the first post is a clickable link that has more info and some cool pics. Who doesn't love good pics!

S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Maybe it is just me, but i am kind of disappointed. These are basically "unlimited cars". Would have liked to saw them place higher. Have a few buddies that have ran in KOH and finishing can be a challenge in itself!

It just sucks that Honda has to "add turbos" just to compete with a factory level Can Am.

Honda should have turbod from the start on the Talon. By the time i buy a Talon and outfit it with a turbo and the other equipment, i can just buy a Can Am RC and have factory warranty.

Jefferson87

Jefferson87

Dec 27, 2019
Northern California
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Maybe it is just me, but i am kind of disappointed. These are basically "unlimited cars". Would have liked to saw them place higher. Have a few buddies that have ran in KOH and finishing can be a challenge in itself!

It just sucks that Honda has to "add turbos" just to compete with a factory level Can Am.

Honda should have turbod from the start on the Talon. By the time i buy a Talon and outfit it with a turbo and the other equipment, i can just buy a Can Am RC and have factory warranty.

Unlimited? The changed a few suspension things, turbo kit, cage and safety equipment. Going up against full tube chassis rigs, and even 1 off builds.

Also, the honda turbo kit doesn't void your warranty.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!