BOX1

P700 Tandem axle trailer

insanetreefrog

insanetreefrog

Nov 19, 2020
Lowell, AR
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hi guys, I was blessed to get a good deal on a new-to-me 18 ft. tandem axle trailer. It's a car hauler style, with a front pipe wall, brakes on one axle, and stake pockets down the sides. Other than that, it's a pretty blank slate. I had been hauling my Pioneer 700-4 on a 12 ft. trailer with some d-rings and ratchet straps. I was wondering how you guys typically set up your trailers to haul your side by side, for example, e-track and wheel straps vs regular ratchet straps, use the stake pockets vs making a wall and trying to them, etc. I'll have my Pioneer 700 and my son's Yamaha 250 on it.
Just wanted to get everyone's thoughts.

Thanks!

PXL 20211026 231212757 PXL 20211026 231236827

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Hi guys, I was blessed to get a good deal on a new-to-me 18 ft. tandem axle trailer. It's a car hauler style, with a front pipe wall, brakes on one axle, and stake pockets down the sides. Other than that, it's a pretty blank slate. I had been hauling my Pioneer 700-4 on a 12 ft. trailer with some d-rings and ratchet straps. I was wondering how you guys typically set up your trailers to haul your side by side, for example, e-track and wheel straps vs regular ratchet straps, use the stake pockets vs making a wall and trying to them, etc. I'll have my Pioneer 700 and my son's Yamaha 250 on it.
Just wanted to get everyone's thoughts.

Thanks!

View attachment 302145 View attachment 302146
E-track with the wheel straps would be the ideal set up 👍. Any thing else I would just make sure you strap to the wheels or lowest part of suspension. Securing the wheels is always the best cause it allows the machines' suspension to work on its own......my 2 cents

Nice trailer 👍

T

thejoker

Jul 2, 2020
MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
unless you're doing some rough towing, just ratchet strap that bad boy down and send it!

Reactions: Glock21user
Glock21user

Glock21user

" Nothing succeeds like excess "
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
unless you're doing some rough towing, just ratchet strap that bad boy down and send it!
I 100 percent agree.
E-Track sounds great but will never work for everyone.
E-Track would be a nightmare for me because we haul tractors, tractor crawlers and equipment anywhere it needs to go.
Not to mention Jeeps or vehicles and spare parts our load moves depending on weight to balance out everything.
So today the SxS may go to the nose because I have a crawler behind it and next time it could be centered with very little, well you get the idea.
We have had to haul fire wood and axles alongside with extra wheels and tires before so our loads are forever different.
E-track is nice but only for a limited use trailer.
I.E. only hauls weight in the same configuration for balance and only hauls the same things.
Pack it full of sand and rocks and mud then spend 20 cleaning out and area to lock your strap into when it is cold and you will cuss like we did.
And wooden sides add weight, wind drag and are in general a pain most days to me so we run flat.
Mind you these are my opinions from years of towing and moving mostly anything we have needed to move but they are accurate for me..
Your situation and environment are probably well different than ours so use your gut to what feels right and try it its a trailer and easy to undo what has been done in most cases.
If you ever plan to haul anything other than your couple of toys you might consider a winch and battery tied in to the trailer.
Our big trailer is rated for 30k lbs and has a 20k capacity winch on the front where as our small trailer is rated for 16k capacity and has a 12k winch on the nose.
Our little run around everything else trailer is rated for 5x and has an 8k capacity winch.
If you haul anything other than the same thing they will be a life saver for you.
Good luck, post pics and keep us updated.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I'm with Glock21user, my load varies so I need a versatile tie down system. Here's where I've ended up after trying several methods. Be sure to watch the two Shock Therapy videos mentioned.

Reactions: Glock21user
Headhunterf100

Headhunterf100

Oct 14, 2020
Virginia
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Do not currently own
I typically haul my 700-4 on a 12' trailer with e track up front and reg straps on rear in a x, that being said never had an issue with straps coming loose. I recently had a buddy tow mine(as well as a few others) on his 36' gooseneck with mine being last inline, everytime we stopped i had to reset straps as they had worked loose. My E track is bolted to a plate under the deck that has nuts welded to it and then the plate is screwed to bottom of deck wood(spans multiple deck boards) so I can remove etrack if i need to haul something that would potentially damage E track.

B

BadDog

Mar 31, 2014
Michigan
I typically haul my 700-4 on a 12' trailer with e track up front and reg straps on rear in a x, that being said never had an issue with straps coming loose. I recently had a buddy tow mine(as well as a few others) on his 36' gooseneck with mine being last inline, everytime we stopped i had to reset straps as they had worked loose. My E track is bolted to a plate under the deck that has nuts welded to it and then the plate is screwed to bottom of deck wood(spans multiple deck boards) so I can remove etrack if i need to haul something that would potentially damage E track.
They make 'over the wheel' straps that work with D-rings. I found straps on the frame always worked loose because of the suspension. never had a problem after switching to over the wheel tie downs.

Reactions: Scoop