Tear in framework

M

mpartin88

Dec 13, 2016
USA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Good morning all,

I'm new to the Pioneer world and was doing some riding the other night and in the process of getting pulled out, ended up with the tear in the images attached. It appears this is part of the framework and is bolted in at the bottom, but I haven't had a chance to study if it is welded in anywhere else. I've found some online diagrams of the Pioneer framework, but couldn't find a call out for this specific piece, so not sure what to refer to it by.

My real question is if I bent this back into place, would JB Weld be sufficient, or do you think I would need to get an actual weld done. I'm not sure what type of weight/pressure it supports. Or, if the pieces isn't welded in anywhere and is inexpensive, maybe I could easily replace/install it.

Any thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated!

IMG 5056 IMG 5057 1

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
Good morning all,

I'm new to the Pioneer world and was doing some riding the other night and in the process of getting pulled out, ended up with the tear in the images attached. It appears this is part of the framework and is bolted in at the bottom, but I haven't had a chance to study if it is welded in anywhere else. I've found some online diagrams of the Pioneer framework, but couldn't find a call out for this specific piece, so not sure what to refer to it by.

My real question is if I bent this back into place, would JB Weld be sufficient, or do you think I would need to get an actual weld done. I'm not sure what type of weight/pressure it supports. Or, if the pieces isn't welded in anywhere and is inexpensive, maybe I could easily replace/install it.

View attachment 28427 View attachment 28428
Yeah I'd definitely get that welded. Just for peace of mind if nothing else.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
JB weld lol, is not structurally sufficient. What @Tflynn said exactly. And welcome to this forum @mpartin88

QuadMan747

QuadMan747

Nov 7, 2016
Connecticut
www.cccmx.com
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Other Brand
Good morning all,

Holy s***! That looks like ramming speed was achieved going the other way! LOL Time for a winch or a nice stretchy strap! :)

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yep you are going to need to weld it back up. And while you are at it... Make it a little stronger.
JB weld will not hold up.
And like @Tflynn said. A tow hook or trailer ball will help in the future.

And welcome to the forum.

advertisement
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Good morning all,

Are you sure some one wasn't shooting at you? HA

Reactions: QuadMan747

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!