Tennessee Ride 02/16 and 2/17

Yankee

Yankee

Apr 29, 2016
Tennessee
That's normally true.
I watched the news this morning and his tune has not changed except it's getting worse. Calling for rain the rest of the week picking up on Friday morning into and thru the weekend. Nothing more miserable than being wet all all day long and were looking at two days in a row. From personal experience I can tell you Coalmont will be all but impossible to ride with the high water. It's been raining here for almost 10 days on and off and we got 3-4 inches of rain in that time period with another 1.5-2 inches coming the rest of the week. I know Tiger is committed to coming to Mary's Ridge and that's fine, we can ride here in between downpours and warm up in the garage, but we may want to look at moving this weekend ride to a more pleasant one. Glocks coming from Missouri, Craig from S. Georgia, (bless his heart) and others from SC, etc. Again, those that were going to stay here this coming weekend are welcome to continue but it will be hit and miss I'm afraid. What say you boys?
Yes sir alot of water crossings at coalmont and the wet weather creek that runs beside my house has been up all week. Maybe a poor weekend for it

Reactions: drfubar
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yes sir alot of water crossings at coalmont and the wet weather creek that runs beside my house has been up all week. Maybe a poor weekend for it
Calling for "heavy" rain on Friday morning thru the day. Steady rain Saturday. Not looking very good.

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks like I'm in for coalmont on Saturday if it's not a washout.

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Alright.... Glock, Craig, Delton and I have bailed on this weekend. We will post an alternative date soon. I haven't heard from @Windrock1000, @Tigermark on what they want to do.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Another vote for postponement. We have at least a dozen creek crossings at Coalmont and every one will be raging current. If you've never had a current pick up the front of your 1 ton sxs like an empty soda can, it's a scary ordeal. Don and I both can testify.

SundayRdr

SundayRdr

Mar 1, 2016
McMinville Tn
Well it sucks and I hate to say it but I agree on not riding coalmont sat. Owell that's part of it.

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Tuesday, 1030 in the morning and it's dreary with fog. Better than snow but I still don't like it.
20180213 1030461

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!